|Role||Light utility and trainer helicopter|
|First flight||18 December 2008|
|Status||Out of production|
|Primary user||Ministry of the Interior|
|Developed from||Schweizer S-333|
|Variants||MQ-8 Fire Scout|
The Sikorsky S-434 is a light, turbine-powered helicopter. The S-434 is an improved development of the Schweizer S-333.
Design and development
The prototype S-434 first flew on 18 December 2008 at Horseheads, New York. The S-434 evolved from the S-333, and has many features developed for the MQ-8 Fire Scout. It shares its cockpit layout with the S-333, which gives the crew very good visual capacities and handling characteristics.
- based on improvements developed for the MQ-8B; powered by one Rolls-Royce 250-C20W turboshaft engine of 320 shp.
Sikorsky Schweizer S‑434 Helicopter
- max height: 11.00 ft (3.35 m)
- length: 30.83 ft (9.40 m)
- max landing gear width: 7.00 ft (2.13 m)
- cabin: 67.6 in (172 cm) width * 53.3 in (135 cm) height
- fuel capacity: 84.00 gal (317.97 l)
- empty: 1,345 lb (610.08 kg)
- gross: 2,900 lb (1,315 kg), with external load: 3,200 lb (1,451.49 kg)
- useful load, external included: 1,855 lb (841.41 kg)
- Turboshaft: Rolls Royce 250-C20W, 320 shp (238.62 kW) at take-off
- Rotor: 4 blades, 471 rpm, 27.51 ft (8.38 m) diameter, 792 sq ft (73.58 sq m) area
- Tail Rotor: 4.25 ft (1.29 m) diameter
Aircraft of comparable role, configuration and era
- Sikorsky Global Helicopters to Deliver First Two S-434 Military Helicopters
- Sikorsky S-434 page
- "Saudi Ministry of Interior takes delivery of Sikorsky's first pair of S434 helicopters". arabianaerospace.aero. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- "Sikorsky® Schweizer™ S‑434™ Helicopter, 1483_SZR-008_S434_SS.indd 1" (PDF). sikorsky.com. 15 February 2008. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sikorsky helicopters.|