Siksha O Anusandhan University
|"ଶିକ୍ଷା ଓ ଅନୁସନ୍ଧାନ ବିଶ୍ଵବିଦ୍ୟାଳୟ"|
|SOA University, SOAU|
|Motto||STRIVE. OBSERVE. ADAPT|
|Type||Private Education and research university, Deemed University|
|Established||1996, Declared as Deemed University in 2007|
|Chancellor||Prof. (Dr.) Khageswar Pradhan|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. (Dr.) Amit Banerjee|
|Location||Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India|
|Campus||Urban, 200 acres (0.81 km2)|
|Affiliations||UGC, NAAC, NABH.|
Siksha 'O' Anusandhan University (SOA University) is a private research focused Deemed university located in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, eastern India. The university is composed of nine degree-granting schools and colleges and has a student body of over 10,000. Many of SOAU's programs are nationally accredited for meeting high standards of academic quality, including engineering, medicine, pharmacy, business, nursing, biotechnology, science, humanities, environment, nano technology, materials science, agriculture and law. SOA University was ranked 16th by National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) under the aegis of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. The first NIRF ranking list was released in April 2016.
It was founded as Institute of Technical Education and Research (ITER) in the year 1996 in Bhubaneswar and it received AICTE approval for Undergraduate degree (B.Tech) courses. Since its inception it was affiliated to Utkal University. Subsequently it was affiliated to Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT) between 2002 and 2007. Recognizing its contribution to technical and professional education the University Grants Commission (UGC), in 2007, declared Siksha 'O' Anusandhan as a Deemed university by the U/S 3 of the UGC Act, 1956. Since 2007, Institute of Technical Education and Research (ITER), Bhubaneswar became a constitute institute of Siksha O Anusandhan University. Currently the university has nine degree granting schools and institutes. Various institutes and schools and departments of SOA University spread over 200 acres (0.81 km2) campuses in the city of Bhubaneswar. Siksha 'O' Anusandhan was previously recognized as an educational society under Societies' Registration Act XXI of 1860.
Siksha 'O' Anusandhan University has nine degree-granting schools and institutes that together offer undergraduate programs in engineering, medicine, pharmacy, business, nursing, biotechnology, agriculture and law; graduate programs in engineering, medicine, pharmacy, business, nursing, biotechnology, science, humanities, environment, nano technology, materials science, agriculture and law  and doctoral degrees in the above areas.
- Institute of Technical Education and Research, (ITER)
- Institute of Medical Sciences and Sum Hospital, (IMS & SUM Hospital)
- Institute of Dental Sciences (IDS)
- Institute of Business and Computer Studies (IBCS)
- Sum Nursing College (SNC)
- School of Pharmaceutical Sciences (SPS) including Centre for Biotechnology (CBT)
- School of Hotel Management (SHM)
Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Admission Test (SAAT), a national level entrance test is conducted by Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University every year to select bright students from various parts of the country. The test is being conducted for undergraduate and postgraduate programs offered in the constituent institutes/schools of the university. The University also grants scholarships to meritorious and needy students every year.
Accreditation and ranking
The university has been accredited by the University Grants Commission, Govt. of India. National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) under the aegis of UGC has recently bestowed SOA University with the highest possible A grade. Various constituent institutes of the university have been benchmarked by agencies such as the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). Per the recent University ranking list released by National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), Government of India, it is the 16th best university in India and thereby making it the highest ranked university in Odisha. Other ranking agencies such as Silicon India, The Pioneer and the CSR magazine have consistently ranked SOA university and its constituent institutes in the top of their lists.
Science and research
Research at Siksha 'O' Anusandhan University is headed by a Dean along with the other highly qualified faculty members. Currently more than 600 research scholars are pursuing their Ph.D and 34 of them have already been awarded Doctorate degreea. Some of the notable students also published many international research and review paper with the proper guidance of Professors. The University has collaborations with national level institutions like IITs, and foreign university such as Florida International University, United States. Currently, Siksha 'O' Anusandhan University has ten research centres for basic and fundamental research.
Campus and facilities
The University provides hostel accommodation facilities for boys and girls. The hostels are safe and secured with a good academic environment and surrounded by pleasant landscapes. ITER has four ladies hostels and seven boys hostels to accommodate 1400 girls and 2500 boys. All the hostels have round the clock Wi-Fi connectivity and medical facilities. The University also provides transportation facilities for the day scholars which covers almost entire Bhubaneswar. Facilities at IMS & Sum Hospital and IBCS include one boys hostel of 250 capacity for undergraduate and post-graduate students, one girls hostel of 250 capacity for undergraduates, interns and post-graduate students and a hostel for male interns of capacity 100.
Libraries of SOA University are the main center of attraction for students, faculty and researchers of the University and are well qualified to support their needs. Reputed international journals, books and dissertations for various publishers in all branches of Engineering, Sciences, Medical Sciences, Dental Science, Nursing, Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Economics, Humanities, Business management, Law, etc. are available through the central library. Libraries of SOA University are also participating in resource sharing networks/consortia such as UGC—INFLIBNET and MHRD—INDEST.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework University Rank List". Ministry of Human Resource Development. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- "About SOA". soauniversity.ac.in. Retrieved 29 April 2016.
- "Institutes (Colleges), Schools & Departments - SOA University - Academics". soauniversity.ac.in. Retrieved 29 April 2016.
- "Undergraduate and Graduate Programs - SOA University". soauniversity.ac.in. Retrieved 29 April 2016.
- "PhD Program - SOA University". soauniversity.ac.in. Retrieved 29 April 2016.
- "UG and PG and PhD Admissions - SOA University". soauniversity.ac.in. Retrieved 29 April 2016.
- "NAAC". Retrieved 14 April 2016.
The Accreditation Results of Deemed to be Universiteis approved by the Executive Committee on 16th November, 2015.
- "SOA University". Retrieved 14 April 2016.
SOA University Quiz competition.
- "Awards and Ranking - SOA University". soauniversity.ac.in. Retrieved 29 April 2016.
- "Research at SOA University". soauniversity.ac.in. Retrieved 29 April 2016.
- "Research centres - SOA University". soauniversity.ac.in. Retrieved 29 April 2016.
- "ITER student facilities - SOA University". soauniversity.ac.in. Retrieved 29 April 2016.
- "IMS & Sum Hospital student facilities - SOA University". soauniversity.ac.in. Retrieved 29 April 2016.
- "Central Library - SOA University". soauniversity.ac.in. Retrieved 29 April 2016.