Sila National Park
|Parco Nazionale della Sila|
Lago di Ariamacina, Sila National Park
|Area||736.95 km2 (284.54 sq mi)|
|Governing body||Ministero dell'Ambiente|
Sila National Park was established in 1997 and covers about 74,000 ha in Calabria. Its highest mountains are Mt. Botte Donato (1,928m), in Sila Grande, and Mt. Gariglione (1,764m) in Sila Piccola. The park is set with the Regional Decree 14.11.2002 from the Official Journal num. 63 - 17/03/2003 and includes its own Management Agency founded. This park area includes the territories formerly as part of the “Historical” Calabria National Park (1968), which protects areas of great environmental interest in Sila Piccola, Sila Grande and Sila Greca, for a total of 73.695 hectares, in 21 municipalities, 6 Mountains Communities (Comunità Montane) and 3 provinces of Calabria Region.
In the center of Calabria sits Sila National Park. It offers visitors a fascinating place, full of beautiful routes and exciting landscapes, mountains and enchanted valleys. There are spectacular plants and a wide variety of animals that roam about. The park preserves one of the most significant biodiverse and scenic natural wonders, truly deserving the utmost of protection. The park’s symbol is the wolf, a hunted species for centuries that has withstood its survival until 1970, when a law in favor of its preservation was established. Sila National Park offers magnificent sceneries of history that changes with the seasons. This park is full of a magical atmosphere, wondrous contrasts and harmonious arrangements of colors and shades.
- "Sila – Welcome to Santa Monica Resort & Village".
- "The Sila: A National Park in Calabria not to miss!". 29 November 2015.
- "Special offers, last minute, discounts and promotions Sila National Park".
- "The Sila and its extraordinary beauty". 17 November 2014.
- "Sila – Visit Calabria".
- Yearbook of the Italian Parks 2005, edited by Comunicazione in association with Federparchi and the Italian State Tourism Board ISBN 88-7585-011-9
- BIOEUPARKS, in association and Co-funded by the Intelligent Energy Europe -- Programme of the European Union Template:Http://www.bioeuparks.eu/en/parks/sila-national-park-italy
|This Italian location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a protected area in Europe is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|