Silent Hill (novel)
Silent Hill (novel) is a horror novel by Sadamu Yamashita. It was published in 2006 and is divided into three chapters: Fog, Darkness and Nightmare. The book it contains 272 pages and 8 illustrations by Masahiro Ito.
At the start, Harry Mason drives to Silent Hill with his daughter Cheryl for a vacation. At the town's edge, he swerves his car to avoid hitting a girl in the road; as a result, he crashes the vehicle and loses consciousness. He wakes, and realizes that Cheryl is missing, so he seeks her. Silent Hill is deserted and foggy.
- Harry Mason: Mason is the protagonist. Writer whose wife died of an illness four years prior. He has not accepted her death.
- Cheryl Mason: is Harry's seven-year-old adopted daughter and an elementary school student. She was adopted by Harry and his wife after the couple found her abandoned while they were vacationing in Silent Hill.
- Dahlia Gillespie: is the forty-six-year-old owner of an antique shop in the suburb of Silent Hill and a priestess of The Order, serving as the game's primary antagonist.
- Alessa Gillespie: is Dahlia's fourteen-year-old daughter,who has possessed supernatural powers ever since she was born. Her classmates at elementary school called her a witch, teased her, scribbled on her desk, and excluded her, because of her possession of these abilities.
- Cybil Bennett: is a twenty-eight-year-old police officer from the nearby town of Brahms and an ally of Harry, repeatedly supporting him in his search for Cheryl when they periodically meet in both alternate dimensions.
- Michael Kaufmann: is a fifty-year-old doctor and the director of medical staff at Silent Hill's Alchemilla Hospital. He secretly allied with Dahlia Gillespie, but he turns on her and attempts to prevent her plans.
- Lisa Garland : is a twenty-three-year-old nurse who worked at Alchemilla and another ally of Harry, repeatedly helping him. She nursed Alessa while the latter was hospitalized in Alchemilla, due to Alessa's life-threatening burns from the "accident" Dahlia staged.