5 November 1985 |
|Updated on 19 August 2012.|
Silja Lehtinen (born November 5, 1985 in Helsinki) is a Finnish sailor. Lehtinen studies medicine in the University of Helsinki.
Silja Lehtinen has sailed in two Olympic regattas. In 2008, in the age of 23, she skippered the Finnish team in the Yngling class to an 11th place. In 2012, she participated in Women's Match Race (Elliott 6m) and won a bronze medal with her crew Silja Kanerva and Mikaela Wulff.
In 2012 as well, only a month before the Olympic regatta, Lehtinen and her crew won match race world championship title in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Her brother Lauri skippered the Finnish 49er into seventh place at the 2012 Olympic regatta.
- "Finland wins women's match racing Olympic bronze.". AP Worldstream. 11 August 2012. Retrieved 19 August 2012. – via HighBeam Research (subscription required)
- "Silja Lehtinen London 2012 Summer Olympics". www.london2012.com. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- "SAILOR BIOGRAPHY Silja Lehtinen". www.isaf.com. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- "Silja Lehtinen takes Womens Matchrace World title". www.sailweb.co.uk. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- "News & Features | ISAF | World Sailing | Official Site : Lehtinen Wins In New Jersey". www.sailing.org. Retrieved 2016-01-08.