Silk City Diners
Silk City Diners was a division of the Paterson Wagon Company, later known at Paterson Vehicle Company, established by Everett Abbott Cooper and based in Paterson, New Jersey, which produced about 1,500 diners from 1926 until 1966. Each was tagged with the year and order in which it was built; for example, 5607 would be the seventh diner manufactured in 1956. Several have been listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP).
NRHP and other extant diners
- 1941 Silk City, Gilmore Car Museum, Hickory Corners, MI
- The Diner, Horseheads, New York
- Fezz's Diner, Coudersport, Pennsylvania
- Miss Albany Diner
- Roadside Diner, Wall, New Jersey
- Village Diner, Red Hook, New York
- Kims Classic Diner Sabina, Ohio
- Deligan's Diner (formerly the Blue Tone Diner), Silk City #4824. Formerly in Peekskill , NY; now in private hands in Massachusetts.
- Silk City Diner, Lounge, and Garden, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Tic Tock Diner, Clifton, New Jersey
- Delta Diner, Delta, Wisconsin
- Biscuits and Barbecue, Mineola, NY
- Park Dinor, Lawrence Park, Pennsylvania
- Baby's Burgers & Shakes, State College, Pennsylvania
- Country Girl Diner, Chester, Vermont 
- Fodero Dining Car Company
- Jerry O'Mahony Diner Company
- Kullman Dining Car Company
- Mountain View Diners Company
- Worcester Lunch Car Company
- http://www.northjersey.com/news/silk-city-diners-dynasty-reunites-for-a-tribute-in-paterson-1.1093157[bare URL]
- Gutman, Richard (2000), American Diner Then and Now, JHU Press, ISBN 9780801865367
- "Diner FAQs".
- "Home". gilmorecarmuseum.org.
- Genovese, Peter. "Coolest-looking diner in New Jersey", The Star-Ledger, August 1, 2013. Accessed 2014-09-22. "There isn’t a diner quite like the Roadside Diner anywhere in Jersey...
- Dunphy, Dw. "New Jersey, Diners, And YouA Day Tripper look into two memorable spots to grab a quick bite.", ChathamPatch, March 30, 2012. Accessed 2014-09-22. "The [Roadside Diner] in Wall has been an area institution since the 1940s, at the intersection of Rt. 33 and 34 on the Collingwood Circle….
- Page 166 "Diners of New England," Garbin, Randy https://www.google.com/books/edition/Diners_Of_New_England/JzVq6D6nQsUC?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=Silk+City+4824&pg=PA166&printsec=frontcover
- "AboutSilk City Diner Bar & Lounge". Archived from the original on 2014-10-08. Retrieved 2014-09-22.
- Gabriele, Michael C. (2013), The History of Diners in New Jersey, The History Press, ISBN 9781609498221
- "Dinner webpage".
- Must-stop diners in Vermont.