The Silk Stream is a tributary of the River Brent, which it joins at Brent Reservoir. It has several tributaries including Burnt Oak Brook, Edgware Brook, the Edgwarebury Brook and Deans Brook. The Silk Stream runs north-south through Colindale and Hendon. It gives its name to Silkstream Road, near Burnt Oak station, and the Silk Bridge Retail Park beside where it passes under the A5.
Silk Stream and Burnt Oak Brook are a Site of Borough Importance for Nature Conservation, Grade II.
- "Silk Stream and Burnt Oak Brook". Greenspace Information for Greater London. 2006. Archived from the original on 24 December 2012. Retrieved 9 September 2012.
- Greater London Authority - The blue ribbon network Archived 31 May 2010 at the Wayback Machine.
- Middlesex County Council, Sources of the Silk Stream
- "iGiGL – helping you find London's parks and wildlife sites". Greenspace Information for Greater London. 2006. Archived from the original on 15 October 2012.
- Ekwall, E., English River Names, 1928, cited in Sheldon, Harvey (1996). "In Search of Sulloniacis". In Bird, Joanna; Hassall, Mark; Sheldon; Harvey. Interpreting Roman London. Oxbow Books. p. 233. ISBN 1 900188 02 3.
|This London location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a river in England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|