Silver Cloud (ship)
Silver Cloud departing from Southampton 2011.
|Port of registry:||Nassau, Bahamas|
|Launched:||6 March 1993|
|Maiden voyage:||2 April 1994|
|Length:||514 ft (157 m)|
|Beam:||71 ft (22 m)|
|Decks:||9 total, 6 for passengers|
|Speed:||18 knots (33 km/h)|
Silver Cloud is a small cruise ship operated by Silversea Cruises, a privately owned luxury cruise line. She entered service in 1994 as Silversea's first ship, and set the scene for the line's next three vessels, beginning with her sister ship, Silver Wind, launched in 1995.
In summer, Silver Cloud generally sails on European itineraries (both the North Sea and the Mediterranean). In winter, she cruises in the Caribbean and South America.
As of 2008 the ship cruises the Baltic Sea, the North Sea, the Atlantic Ocean with stops at the Bahamas and in the Caribbean Sea, as well as journeys to the Atlantic coast of South America. Some cruises take it through the Mediterranean Sea. It also passes the Suez Canal with cruises through the Red Sea to the Persian Gulf calling at ports along the route that normal tourists seldom visit, such as Jeddah in Saudi Arabia.
- Ship details by "Largay Travel"
- Ship details Archived 2012-07-19 at Archive.is by "Seven Blue Seas Vacations"
- "Silver Cloud". Condé Nast Traveler website. Condé Nast. Archived from the original on 10 April 2014. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- Cruise Plan of the Silver Cloud
- Article in the Arab News of April 1, 2008
- Article[dead link] in the Saudi Gazette Archived 2012-10-06 at the Wayback Machine.
- For U.S. Basketball Players, the Olympics Are a Cruise, Ship, That Is By ANDREW KEH; AUG. 6, 2016 the New York Times
- Staff, CIN (2018-02-03). "Silver Cloud Launches Photo Academy in Antarctica". Retrieved 2018-02-05.
- Plowman, Peter (2004). The SITMAR Liners: Past and Present. Dural, NSW: Rosenberg Publishing. pp. 273–282. ISBN 1877058254.
- Plowman, Peter (2007). Australian Cruise Ships. Dural, NSW: Rosenberg Publishing. ISBN 9781877058509.
- Saunders, Aaron (2013). Giants of the Seas: The Ships that Transformed Modern Cruising. Barnsley, South Yorkshire, UK: Seaforth Publishing. ISBN 9781848321724.
- Smith, Peter C. (2014). Cruise Ships - The Small Scale Fleet: A Visual Showcase. Barnsley, South Yorkshire, UK: Pen & Sword Maritime. ISBN 9781781592816.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Silver Cloud (ship, 1994).|