Silver Creek High School (Longmont, Colorado)
|Silver Creek High School|
4901 Nelson Road, Longmont, Colorado|
|Established||2001 (17 years ago)|
|School district||St. Vrain Valley|
|Campus type||Fringe rural|
|Color(s)||Maroon and silver|
|Athletics||CHSAA Class 4A|
Altona Middle School|
Westview Middle School
|Elevation||5,055 ft (1,540 m) AMSL|
Silver Creek High School is a comprehensive public high school located in Longmont, Colorado, United States. It is part of the St. Vrain Valley School District. Silver Creek hosts Universal High School, an independent learning program, and the Silver Creek Leadership Academy.
Silver Creek offers core and AP classes in mathematics, English, natural sciences, and social studies. Students can also study home economics, music, art, literature, philosophy, technology, drama, and journalism. Silver Creek currently offers foreign language study in French, Mandarin, and Spanish.
Advanced placement courses
Silver Creek offers AP courses in the following:
- Arts - AP Music Theory, AP Studio Art: Design, AP Studio Art: Drawing
- Mathematics - AP Calculus AB, AP Statistics, AP Computer Science Principles
- Natural Sciences - AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Environmental Science, AP Physics 1
- Social Sciences - AP Comparative Government & Politics, AP European History, AP Psychology, AP US History
- World Languages - AP English Language & Composition, AP English Literature & Composition, AP French, AP Spanish
School colors and mascot
Universal High School
Universal High School (UHS) at Silver Creek is an alternative education system for students whose independent learning is more effective. The program is standards-based and students are able to complete courses in a timeframe that suits their needs, anywhere from a week to a year. Students enrolled in UHS have the option of taking regular classes at Silver Creek High School or at their original high school, independent studies, and online courses. Students are required to take at least four regular courses in order to be considered full-time, or two in order to be part-time.
- Anime Club
- Chess Club
- Community Service Society (ΧΣΣ)
- Composition Club
- Fiddle Group
- Film Club
- Future Business Leaders of America (ΦΒΛ)
- National Art Honor Society
- National Honor Society
- Outdoor Adventure Club
- Peace and Service for Africa
- Ping Pong Club
- Raptor Leadership Crew
- Speech and Debate
- Student Senate
The demographic breakdown of the 1,129 students enrolled in 2013-2014 was:
- Asian: 3%
- Black: 1%
- First Nations/Alaskan Native: 1%
- Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander: < 1%
- Hispanic: 14%
- White: 80%
- Two or more ethnicities: 2%
Students eligible for free or reduced lunch: 19%
|Sport||No. of Championships||Year|
|Track & Field, boys'||1||2018|
- "Fall-in guide program overview: Silver Creek High School". Saint Vrain Valley School District. Retrieved June 21, 2016.
- "Silver Creek High School: Overview". usnews.com. US News & World Report. Retrieved 5 June 2016.
- "World Languages Curriculum". Silver Creek High School.
- "Silver Creek High School Student & Parent Handbook for 2016 - 2017". Silver Creek High School. Retrieved October 15, 2016.
- "WayBackMachine" (PDF). web.archive.org. chsaa.org. 2008. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 30, 2008. Retrieved May 25, 2016.