|Founders||Robert Giaimo & Ype Von Hengst|
|Headquarters||Rockville, Maryland, U.S.|
Number of locations
|15 (August 2016)|
|Maryland, Virginia, New Jersey|
Number of employees
In 1989, Robert Giaimo and Ype Von Hengst opened the original Silver Diner in Rockville, Maryland. This original location has annual sales of $6 million and remains one of the busiest restaurants of its size in the United States. Silver Diner Development, Inc. operates 15 restaurants in the mid-Atlantic region of the United States with locations in New Jersey, Maryland, and Virginia, and employs more than 1,100 people.
In 2007, Silver Diner established its first airport location with the opening of its sixteenth restaurant in the AirMall at Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI).
- "Locations". Silver Diner. Retrieved August 20, 2016.
- "The American Diner - Michael Karl Witzel - Google Books". Books.google.com. Retrieved 2014-07-13.
- "Every Business Needs an Angel: Getting the Money You Need to Make Your ... - John May, Cal Simons - Google Books". Books.google.com. 2001-12-18. Retrieved 2014-07-13.
- Washington Business Journal, Silver Diner finds gold in ‘Fresh & Local’
- Aviation Pros, Silver Diner brings retro look to BWI.