From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Silver Jubilee)
"Silver anniversary" redirects here. For the symbology, see Anniversary § Anniversary symbols.
Silver jubilee is a celebration held to mark a 25th anniversary. The anniversary celebrations can be of a wedding anniversary, the 25th year of a monarch's reign or anything that has completed a 25 year mark.
Silver jubilees in recent history
- Emperor Franz Joseph I of Austria celebrated his silver jubilee on 2 December 1873.
- Emperor Wilhelm I of Germany celebrated his silver jubilee on 2 January 1886 as King of Prussia.
- King Oscar II of Sweden and Norway celebrated his silver jubilee on 18 September 1897.
- Sultan Abdulhamid II of Ottoman Empire celebrated his silver jubilee on 31 August 1901.
- Emperor Wilhelm II of Germany celebrated his silver jubilee on 15 June 1913.
- King George V marked his silver jubilee in 1935. A train, Silver Jubilee, was named in honour of this. A number of public parks were opened in Britain around this time with the title silver jubilee Park or Jubilee Park.
- Emperor Haile Selassie of Ethiopia celebrated his silver jubilee on 2 November 1955.
- King Bhumibol of Thailand celebrated his silver jubilee on 9 June 1971.
- Queen Juliana of the Netherlands marked her silver jubilee in 1973.
- Queen Elizabeth II's silver jubilee was in 1977.
- President Urho Kekkonen of Finland marked his silver jubilee as President of Finland on 1 March 1981.
- Alhaji (Dr.) Ado Bayero The Emir of Kano, Nigeria celebrated his silver jubilee on June 1988
- Pope Shenouda III of Alexandria celebrated his silver jubilee in 1996.
- Queen Margrethe II of Denmark celebrated her silver jubilee on 14 January 1997.
- King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden celebrated his silver jubilee on 15 September 1998.
- King Juan Carlos I of Spain celebrated his silver jubilee on 22 November 2000.
- Pope John Paul II celebrated his silver jubilee in 2003.
- Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands celebrated her silver jubilee on 29 April 2005.
- Sultan Azlan Shah of Perak, Malaysia celebrated his silver jubilee on 3 February 2009.
- Emperor Akihito of Japan celebrated his silver jubilee on 7 January 2014.
South Asian film terminology
- http://www.pakistanviews.com/a-tribute-to-action-legend-on-his-10th-anniversary/A tribute to action legend on his 10th anniversary/ "A Silver Jubilee film is an average film, which shows 25 weeks continuously on cinemas in a single city. The success measure for a Silver Jubilee film is minimum 10 weeks in main cinemas."