Silver Pears Trophy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Silver Pears Trophy was an award presented annually by Pears Cyclopaedia for "outstanding British achievement in any field." The trophy was possibly awarded prior to 1953 and after 1958, but more research is needed on the subject.
- 1953: Colonel Sir John Hunt 
- 1954: Sir Roger Bannister (September 20, 1954).
- 1955: Bertrand Russell
- 1957: Laurence Olivier
- 1958: Professor Sydney Chapman
- Publishers' Association; Booksellers Association of Great Britain and Ireland (1958). The Publisher. Retrieved 9 December 2010.
- Bertrand Russell (6 April 2009). The Basic Writings of Bertrand Russell. Taylor & Francis US. pp. 27–. ISBN 978-0-415-47238-8. Retrieved 9 December 2010.
|This award-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|