Silver Strand bikeway
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Silver Strand bikeway 9-mile (14 km) bicycle and pedestrian path in the San Diego area of California. it is part of the larger Bayshore Bikeway which begins at the USS Midway Museum. The bikeway travels from Ferry Landing Marketplace to Imperial Beach at sea level with no elevation gain, providing a relatively easy ride. An entry point and parking area is located at Ferry Landing Marketplace.
The bikeway path travels from Ferry Landing Marketplace to Glorietta Boulevard to Silver Strand bikeway. It ends at Imperial Beach on Orange Avenue or at the wetlands and is approximately 9 miles (14 km) long.
Bike path quality in the City of San Diego is coordinated by SANDAG (San Diego Association of Governments).
- List of San Diego bike paths - includes information about class I, II, and III bike paths
- List of Los Angeles bike paths
- Travel San Diego: Illustrated City Guide, Phrasebook, and Maps - MobileReference. pp. 123-124.
- Sampite-Montecalvo, Allison (29 August 2017). "Bayshore Bikeway breaking more ground next month". San Diego Union-Tribune. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
- Joseph P. Schwieterman (2004). When the Railroad Leaves Town: American Communities in the Age of Rail Line Abandonment. Truman State Univ Press. p. 34. ISBN 978-1-931112-14-7.
Julie A. Winterich (1 January 1993). 500 Great Rail-trails: A Directory of Multi-use Paths Created from Abandoned Railroads. Living Planet Press. p. 11. ISBN 978-1-879326-20-0.
- "Bayshore Bikeway Fact Sheet". Efgh.com. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- Best Rail Trails California: More Than 70 Rail Trails Throughout the State - Tracy Salcedo-Chourre
- Best Bike Paths of the Southwest: Safe, Scenic and Traffic-Free Bicycling - Wendy Williams
- Route map with detailed pictures
- Efgh.com San Diego and North County Red Routes website
- signonsandiego.com's article about Silver Strand bikeway
- sunset.com's article about Silver Strand bikeway
- efgh.com's article about Silver Strand bikeway and other Coronado/Imperial routes
- 20-mile (32 km), alternate route made by a runner
|This California road-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This cycling-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|