|District||Rodney District (formerly)|
Silverdale is a village approximately 30 km north of Auckland in the North Island of New Zealand. It is located on the north bank of the Weiti River and lies to the west of the Whangaparaoa Peninsula. It was formerly called Wade (a corruption of Weiti) but renamed Silverdale in 1911 because of the many poplar trees in the area at the time and also because it is situated in a dale. State Highway 1 passes to the west of the village via the Northern Motorway. The former State Highway 1 runs south-west to north-east through the village and is now designated State Highway 17. This passes through Orewa and Waiwera before joining State Highway 1 at the termination of the motorway south of Puhoi.
Both schools are coeducational.
- Wises New Zealand Guide, 7th Edition, 1979. p. 397
- Quickstats about Silverdale South
- "Te Kete Ipurangi - Silverdale School, New Zealand". Ministry of Education.[permanent dead link]
- "Special Features of Silverdale School". Silverdale School. Retrieved 2008-08-26.[dead link]
- "Education Review Report - Silverdale School". Education Review Office. February 2006. Retrieved 2008-08-26.[dead link]
- "Te Kete Ipurangi - Stella Maris Primary School". Ministry of Education.[permanent dead link]
- "Foundation". Stella Maris Primary School. Archived from the original on 2008-10-14. Retrieved 2008-08-26.