|Founded||Tyler, Texas (1977)|
|Founder||Robert E. Mead|
|Headquarters||Dallas, TX, USA|
Number of locations
|Thomas J. Morris, (CEO)|
|Products||Real estate-based vacation ownership plans|
|Owner||Orange Lake Holdings|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references
Silverleaf Resorts is a privately owned company that operates 13 vacation resorts in seven U.S. states. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, the company is operated by Orange Lake Holdings and employs over 3,000 people.
Silverleaf Vacation Club, Inc. was founded in 1977 by real estate developer Robert E. Mead in Tyler, Texas. the company changed its name to Silverleaf Resorts Incorporated and introduced seven resort properties; by 1998, the company was operating 13 Properties in Texas, Missouri, Massachusetts, Illinois, Georgia, Florida and Colorado. In 1998, Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. moved from a privately held company to a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange; in 2001, the company traded on the American Stock Exchange; later, until 2011, it traded on the NASDAQ.
In May 2011, Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. was acquired by Hedge Fund and Private Equity firm Cerberus Capital Management, LP for  $94.4 million and taken private. In subsequent months, Thomas J. Morris has assumed the role of the company's Chief Executive Officer.
In May 20, 2015, Orange Lake Resorts announced that its parent company, Orange Lake Holdings, acquired Silverleaf Resorts, Inc., from an affiliate of Cerberus Capital Management, L.P. Orange Lake Holdings, is home to the Holiday Inn Club Vacations® brand.
Better Business Bureau
Silverleaf Resorts is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau of Dallas. The company has closed 515 complaints with the BBB in the past three years, and 216 complaints in the past twelve months; of the 515, 247 complaints were in regards to advertising or sales issues, including both sales fraud and deceptive marketing.
Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. has been ranked 100 in Forbes Magazine's  list of the Top 200 Best Small Companies in the USA (sales under $350 mm). In 2012, Silverleaf earned the Crowning Achievement Award from Resort Condominiums International (RCI); all 13 resorts earned RCI designation, with six resorts earning Gold Crown Recognition, four earning Silver Crown honors, and three earning RCI Hospitality Awards.
- Hotels, Restaurants and Leisure Company Overview of Silverleaf Resorts Inc., Bloomberg Businessweek, May 19, 2011, Retrieved May 14, 2013
- Cerberus to pay $2.50/shr cash, 75 pct premium, Reuters, February 3, 2011, Retrieved May 14, 2013
- Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. Announces Plans for Indoor Water Park at Fox River Resort, PRWeb, May 03, 2013, Retrieved May 14, 2013
- The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce’s Young Professionals thank everyone for an awesome CrawPHish Festival, The Paper Magazine, April 17, 2013, Retrieved May 14, 2013
- Better Business Bureau Business Review Better Business Bureau of Dallas, Retrieved October 18, 2013
- Beyond Balance Sheets Forbes, January 1, 1999, Retrieved May 14, 2013