|Industry||Real estate development|
|Headquarters||7 World Trade Center, |
Manhattan, New York City,
Silverstein Properties, Inc. (SPI) is a family held, full-service real estate development, investment and management firm based in New York City. Founded in 1957 by Chairman Larry Silverstein, the company specializes in developing, acquiring, and managing office, residential, hotel, retail, and mixed-use properties. The firm is New York City's fifth-largest commercial landlord.
SPI's real estate business has been one of the largest investors in New York City real estate over the past fifty years, having developed, owned and managed more than 40 million square feet of office, residential, hotel and retail properties including the new World Trade Center, 30 Park Place (Four Seasons Private Residences New York Downtown), 120 Wall Street, Equitable Building, and Americas Tower.
Perhaps best known for developing and owning the World Trade Center complex, SPI has developed, owned, and managed more than 40 million SF (3.25 million m2) of commercial, residential, and retail space. Prior to joining the firm, SPI's executives and professionals developed in excess of 100 million SF (9.3 million m2) in the United States and abroad.
- Four Seasons Resort at Walt Disney World
- Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences at 30 Park Place
- World Trade Center complex in downtown Manhattan (7 World Trade Center, 4 World Trade Center, 3 World Trade Center, 2 World Trade Center)
- One West End Luxury Condominiums
- 120 Wall Street
- 619 West 54th Street
- River Place (Manhattan)
- Equitable Building
- Silver Towers (Manhattan)
- Salmon Tower Building (Manhattan)
- 1177 Avenue of the Americas
- 529 Fifth Avenue 
- 521 Fifth Avenue 
- 530 Fifth Avenue 
- Ronald Reagan Office Building 
- 711 Fifth Avenue 
- 105 Madison Avenue 
- Beekman Tower 
- 11 West 42nd Street 
- 520 West 41st Street 
- Disney Campus 125 West End Avenue 
- Disney Campus 320 West 66th Street 
- Disney Campus 147 Columbus Avenue 
- Disney Campus 149 Columbus Avenue 
- Disney Campus 77 West 66th Street 
- Disney Campus 47 West 66th Street 
- Disney Campus 7 West 66th Street 
- Disney Campus 30 West 67th Street 
- Stratos Office Center 
- Ethos 
- Qianhai Economic Zone Shenzhen, China 
- Several projects in Washington, D.C., Poland, and mainland China
Since 2012, SPI has been ranked 33rd of the "Best Places to Work in New York City" by Crain's.
- "NYC's Top 10 Biggest Landlords". April 29, 2015.
- "Silverstein Properties History | Commercial Real Estate". www.silversteinproperties.com. Retrieved July 17, 2016.
- "About Silverstein Properties | New York Real Estate". www.silversteinproperties.com. Retrieved July 17, 2016.
- Deal, All rights reserved © 2016 The Real Deal is a registered Trademark of Korangy Publishing Inc-The Real; Inc.; Street, 158 West 29th; York, New; Map, NY 10001 Phone: 212-260-1332 The Real Deal Magazine (2016-05-04). "Silverstein Properties is (still) thinking BIG for 2 WTC". The Real Deal New York. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- Deal, All rights reserved © 2016 The Real Deal is a registered Trademark of Korangy Publishing Inc-The Real; Inc.; Street, 158 West 29th; York, New; Map, NY 10001 Phone: 212-260-1332 The Real Deal Magazine (2016-06-24). "Finally! 15 years later, 3 WTC tops out". The Real Deal New York. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- Larry Silverstein, Silverstein Properties. Commercial Observer 2013
- "Tribeca Condominiums for Sale in NYC with Sweeping Views | 30 Park Place, Four Seasons Private Residences New York Downtown". 30 Park Place. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- "One West End". www.1westend.com. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- "Silverstein buys majority stake in Taconic's 619 West 54th". 1 February 2017.
- * Equitable Building
- "529 5th Avenue | NYC | Commercial Real Estate". www.silversteinproperties.com. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- Gross, Daniel. "SILVERSTEIN MOVES INTO RESIDENTIAL IN '90S".
- Kennedy, Shawn G. "Sale of 2 Large Buildings in Manhattan Stirs Interest".
- Horsley, Carter B. (26 July 1978). "Real Estate" – via NYTimes.com.
- Clarke, Katherine. "World Trade Center developer Silverstein Properties files suit over botched $138M deal for East Side tower - NY Daily News".
- "Who Wants to Move to Ground Zero?". NYMag.com.
- "Larry Silverstein to build city's tallest apartment tower". 2 July 2014.
- July 9, Rebecca Baird-Remba; Pm, 2018 4:32 (July 9, 2018). "Silverstein Prepares to Buy ABC Campus for $1.2B". commercialobserver.com. Retrieved January 17, 2019.
- News, Bloomberg. "Larry Silverstein marks first foray overseas".
- Gonnabe. "ETHOS – In the Heart of Warsaw High Street • News • Kulczyk Silverstein Properties". ksprop.com.
- Qianhai Economic Zone
- "No. 33 Silverstein Properties - Best Places to Work 2012 - Crain's New York Business".