Silverstream is a suburb of Upper Hutt in New Zealand, just under 7 km south-west of the Upper Hutt CBD. It is in the lower (southern) part of the North Island of New Zealand at the southern end of Upper Hutt, close to the Taitā Gorge, which separates Upper Hutt from Lower Hutt. The area is sited at the mouth of a small valley formed by the Wellington Region's tectonic activity and, in part, by Hull's Creek, which discharges into the Hutt River.
Silverstream is on the Hutt Valley section of the Wairarapa railway line, operated by Metlink. The area has a station on this line; the Silverstream Railway Station. A deviation of the Wairarapa line was opened in 1954 original Wairarapa Line in Silverstream over the Hutt River. The original section of the line is now owned by the Silver Stream Railway.
The school has 22 classes, with three separate school syndicates: Ako Iti (Years 1 and 2), Ako Whanake (Years 3 and 4) and Ako Nui (Years 5 and 6). It takes part in ICAS mathematics and English competitions and the Otago Problem Solving challenge, and has its own small choir and orchestra.
Between 2007 and 2010, the school underwent extensive renovations.
It also has a kindergarten for children aged 3 to 4.
- "Heretaunga-Silverstream | Population, dwellings & ethnicity", 19 April 2017
- "Upper Hutt places and their postcodes", 19 April 2017
- "Silverstream - Live the dream in Upper Hutt". Live the dream in Upper Hutt. Retrieved 19 April 2017.
- "Hutt Valley Signalling History". www.valleysignals.org.nz. Retrieved 19 April 2017.
- "Silverstream School Official School Website". silverstream.school.nz.
- "Silverstream School Ministry of Education School Profile". educationcounts.govt.nz. Ministry of Education.
- "Silverstream School Education Review Office Report". ero.govt.nz. Education Review Office.
- Active Communities Investment Project shines in first year in Upper Hutt – SPARC. Accessed 12 August 2010. "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 20 July 2010. Retrieved 12 August 2010.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Meeting on skatepark". Upper Hutt Leader. 7 October 2009. Retrieved 11 November 2011.
- "St. Patrick's College Official School Website". stream.school.nz.
- "St. Patrick's College Ministry of Education School Profile". educationcounts.govt.nz. Ministry of Education.
- "St. Patrick's College Education Review Office Report". ero.govt.nz. Education Review Office.
- "Silverstream Christian School Ministry of Education School Profile". educationcounts.govt.nz. Ministry of Education.
- "Silverstream Christian School Education Review Office Report". ero.govt.nz. Education Review Office.
- Tom Cardy. "Beaver: A shy and mighty vocalist". The Dominion Post. Retrieved 12 August 2010.
Beverly Morrison grew up in the Hutt Valley, one of four children, and went to Silverstream School...
|This Wellington Region-related geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|