|Local authority||Upper Hutt|
|Local board||Upper Hutt City Council|
|Land area||278 ha (1.07 sq mi)|
Silverstream is a suburb of Upper Hutt, just under 7 km from the Upper Hutt CBD. It is in the lower North Island of New Zealand at the southern end of the city, close to the Taita Gorge, which separates Upper Hutt from Lower Hutt. The area is sited at the mouth of a small valley formed by the Wellington Region's notable tectonic activity and, in part, by Hull's Creek, which discharges into the Hutt River.
Silverstream has three education providers:
- Silverstream Kindergarten, a kindergarten (age 3 to 4)
- Silverstream School, a co-educational primary school (years 1 - 6)
- St. Patrick's College, is a state-integrated Catholic boys' day and boarding secondary school (years 9 - 13).
Silverstream is on the Hutt Valley section of the Wairarapa railway line, operated by Metlink. The area has a station on this line; the Silverstream Railway Station. A deviation of the Wairarapa line was opened in 1954 original Wairarapa Line in Silverstream over the Hutt River. The original section of the line is now owned by the Silver Stream Railway.
|This Wellington Region-related geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
- "Upper Hutt places and their postcodes", 19 April 2017
- "Heretaunga-Silverstream | Population, dwellings & ethnicity", 19 April 2017
- "Silverstream - Live the dream in Upper Hutt". Live the dream in Upper Hutt. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- "Hutt Valley Signalling History". www.valleysignals.org.nz. Retrieved 2017-04-19.