Silvio Ceccato (1914 - 2 December 1997) was an Italian philosopher and linguist.
Born in Montecchio Maggiore, he studied law and music. In 1949 he founded the international magazine Methodos, which was published until 1964.
In 1956 he designed and built Adamo II, the first Italian prototype of artificial intelligence, which he had intended to reproduce man's mental states. Those same years he lectured on the philosophy of science at Milan University, where he directed the Cybernetics and Linguistic Studies Centre, until he went to IULM. He later retired from the academic world and wrote books about happiness.
- Il linguaggio con la Tabella di Ceccatieff (1951)
- Adamo II, Congresso Internazionale dell'Automatismo, Milano, 8-13 aprile 1956, pp. 1-8
- Linguistic analysis and programming for mechanical translation (1961)
- Un tecnico fra i filosofi (1962/1964)
- Corso di linguistica operativa (1969)
- Il gioco del Teocono (1971)
- La mente vista da un cibernetico (1972)
- La terza cibernetica. Per una mente creativa e responsabile (1974)
- L'ingegneria della felicità (1985)
- Il linguista inverosimile (1988, with Carlo Oliva)
- Mille tipi di bello (1995)
- C'era una volta la filosofia (1996)