|Industry||Software as a Service (SaaS)|
|Founded||2002 in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia|
|Founders||Stephen Bradshaw, Vaughan McKillop|
|Australia, New Zealand, United States and United Kingdom|
|Sean Diljore (CEO)|
|Products||Global field management software including add-ons|
simPRO is a private SaaS company that provides cloud-based job and project management software to those in field service and trade contracting industries. The company has customers and partners in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States. simPRO offices are located in each of these countries, with the more recent opening for operation in Colorado in the United States.
simPRO was founded in 2002, after electrical business owner Steve Bradshaw approached software engineering student Vaughan McKillop about creating a website for his electrical contracting business. When McKillop explained to Bradshaw that his strengths lay in writing software rather than web design, the two men created simPRO's first iteration using web-based PHP and MySQL languages.
Initially they focused on making digital job lists, and then moved on to building a scheduling tool that could allocate time and technicians. As McKillop and Bradshaw continued to expand on the software's capability and functionality, they realised that the new tool could also be offered to other customers.
The company first started trading as Acorn Software and Service Management Pty Ltd in 2003, then changed its name is simPRO Software in 2011 and simPRO in 2017.
As at February, 2019, the simPRO Board of Management and Executive Team has five members: Chief Executive Officer Sean Diljore, Chief Operating Officer & Chief Financial Officer Alan Bignell, Chief Technology Officer Jonathan Eastgate, Executive Financial Controller Rhiza Lahoylahoy and Chief Learning and Development Officer Erika Entz.
Peter Darley is currently General Manager for simPRO Australia, and Ricky Sevta is General Manager simPRO New Zealand. In 2009, simPRO was launched in the United Kingdom and its current General Manager is Richard Pratley, who previously managed the New Zealand office. In 2015, the company opened a location in Colorado, United States, in an effort to grow its presence in the local market, its current President is Glenn Nott.
In October 2016, simPRO received USD$31 million in capital funding from New York-based growth equity firm Level Equity. It marked the first time the company has accepted external investment since its founding. Level Equity Partner Benjamin Levin and Principal Charles Chen now sit on the simPRO Board of Directors.
Mergers and acquisitions
In 2013, simPRO acquired vehicle fleet tracking and management company simTRAC for AUD$2.5 million, which is designed to help business managers monitor their work vehicles on the road in real time and minimise travel times.
Features and services
simPRO's key features include quoting and estimating, scheduling, service and project management, inventory management, asset maintenance and invoicing and payment processing. Integration with accounting software is designed to eliminate double entry of data, provide transfer of financial data, and assist with financial reporting.
simPRO's mobile applications can be used on smartphones and tablets (iOS and Android operation systems) to keep remote staff connected with the office. With the simPRO Connect app, field users can process payment after a job complete with a customer's credit card. The simPRO eForms app can be used to digitise a company's existing paper forms for use in the field.
simPRO’s add-ons include:
- simPRO IoT: an Internet of Things functionality that allows users to retrofit IoT sensors to any existing devices or infrastructure at minimal costs. It is a platform that incorporates the use of machine learning, proactive action triggering and automation of field service activities.
- Data Feed - this tool has the ability to extract business data from within simPRO via a user’s emails and automate data entry. It is compatible with PDF, CSV, TXT and XLSX files and can create or reuse information from customers, suppliers, employees, etc.
- "Field Service & Job Management Software | simPRO Australia". www.simpro.com.au. Retrieved 5 October 2018.
- "Simpro Software opening U.S. headquarters in Broomfield that could bring 100 jobs | Metro Denver". www.metrodenver.org. Retrieved 5 October 2018.
- "The simPRO Software Story | simPRO US". www.simprogroup.com. Retrieved 5 October 2018.
- "AU Leadership & Executive Team | simPRO Australia". www.simpro.com.au. Retrieved 5 October 2018.
- "NZ Leadership & Executive Team | simPRO NZ". www.simpro.co.nz. Retrieved 5 October 2018.
- "simPRO UK | simPRO Manager Returns Home To Guide UK Expansion". www.simpro.co.uk. Retrieved 5 October 2018.
- Bindi, Tas. "Queensland's SimPro Software raises AU$40m for international growth". ZD Net.
- "simPRO Secures US$31 Million in Funding to Drive Growth". American Entrepreneurship.
- Frayne, Sophie. "simPRO Software Appoints President Of US Operations". Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- Tutty, Jacinda (12 October 2016). "Queensland firm simPRO secures $40m investment to fund US expansion plans". The Courier Mail.
- Khan, Shaistha. "simPRO Software nabs AU$40Mn in growth capital from New York-based Level Equity". Tech Portal.
- "simPRO Software". Crunchbase.
- "simPRO acquires vehicle tracking and management company simTRAC FOR $2.5 million". Logisitics & Materials Handling.
- "What is simPRO?". Lightning Fire.
- "Australian software by simPro a big hit with trade contractors operating remotely". Architecture & Design.
- Karlovsky, Brian. "Telstra SNP signs simPRO software for nascent security business". ARN.
- Lovell, Robert. "simPRO brings cloud offering to the UK". Accounting Web.
- "simPRO appoints NZ executive to drive growth". The National Business Review.
- "simPRO fights fatbergs with IoT". IoT Hub. Retrieved 5 October 2018.
- "Machine Learning Algorithms Helping Time-Poor Businesses Get On Top Of Data Entry". MarketWatch. Retrieved 5 October 2018.
- "Add-ons : solutions that make business life easier". MYOB.