Sim Smith Covered Bridge
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Sims Smith Covered Bridge|
|National Register of Historic Places|
|Official name: Sims Smith Covered Bridge|
|Named for: Simeon Smith|
|Crosses||Leatherwood Creek, Indiana|
|Length||102 ft (31 m) 84ft +9ft overhangs on each end|
|Width||16 ft (5 m)|
|Clearance||14 ft (4 m)|
|Design||Burr Arch truss single-span bridge|
|Built||1883 Original Cost $3,200|
|Owned and Maintained by||Parke County|
|Added to NRHP||Dec 22, 1978|
|MPS||Parke County Covered Bridges TR|
Location of Indiana in the United States
The Sim Smith Covered Bridge is east of Montezuma, Indiana. The single span Burr Truss covered bridge structure was built by Joseph A. Britton in 1883. The bridge is 101 feet (31 m) long, 16 feet (4.9 m) wide, and 14 feet (4.3 m) high.
- List of Registered Historic Places in Indiana
- Parke County Covered Bridges
- Parke County Covered Bridge Festival
- National Park Service (2007-01-23). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "Sim Smith Covered Bridge". Parke County Incorporated / Parke County Convention and Visitors Commission. Retrieved 2012-10-18.
- "Indiana State Historic Architectural and Archaeological Research Database (SHAARD)" (Searchable database). Department of Natural Resources, Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology. Retrieved 2016-06-01. Note: This includes Charles Felkner (December 1977). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory Nomination Form: Parke County Covered Bridge Historic District" (PDF). Retrieved 2016-06-01., Site map, and Accompanying photographs.
- Media related to Sim Smith Covered Bridge at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about a bridge in Indiana is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a property in Parke County, Indiana on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|