He was elected to the Swiss Federal Council on 10 December 1878 and resigned on 5 January 1883. He was affiliated with the Free Democratic Party of Switzerland. During his time in office he held the following departments:
- Department of Finance (1879)
- Department of Posts and Railways (1880 - 1881)
- Political Department (1882) as President of the Confederation
He was President of the Confederation in 1882.
- Profile of Simeon Bavier with election results on the website of the Swiss Federal Council.
- Jürg Simonett: Simeon Bavier in Romansh, German, French and Italian in the online Historical Dictionary of Switzerland.
|Member of the Swiss Federal Council
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Simeon Bavier.|
|This article about a Swiss politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|