|Simeon Olasukanmi Oduoye|
|Administrator of Niger State|
August 22, 1996 – August 1998
|Preceded by||Cletus Komena Emein|
|Succeeded by||Habibu Idris Shuaibu|
|Administrator of Ebonyi State|
August 1998 – 29 May 1999
|Preceded by||Walter Feghabo|
|Succeeded by||Sam Egwu|
|Senator - Osun Central|
29 May 2007 – May 2011
|Preceded by||Olusola Adeyeye|
|Born||13 April 1945
Ikirun, Osun State, Nigeria
|Died||21 March 2014|
|Political party||People's Democratic Party (PDP)|
Simeon Olasukanmi Oduoye (13 April 1945 – 21 March 2014) was a Nigerian police officer and administrator of Niger State and Ebonyi State. He was elected senator for Osun Central in April 2007 on the People's Democratic Party (PDP) platform.
Simeon Oduoye was born on 13 April 1945. He obtained the West African School Certificate in 1964 from Akinorum Grammar School, Ikirun. He enlisted in the Nigeria Police on 1 July 1965. He became an Assistant Inspector General of Police, retiring in 1999. He was Administrator of Niger and Ebonyi States 1996-1999. He was chairman of NSPRI (2005–2007). He is Chairman and Managing Director of Layo Woodmill Nigeria Ltd.
As administrator of Ebonyi State, one of his first acts was to set up a committee to restructure the state civil service to ensure order, seniority, observance to rules and regulations. In an October 2009 interview, Senator Julius Agbo cited Oduoye's administration as an example of a very well organised person who tried to establish civil service in Ebonyi state.
Simeon Oduoye was elected senator for Osun Central in April 2007 on the (PDP) platform. He was appointed to committees on Security & Intelligence, Power, Land Transport, Interior Affairs, Drugs Narcotics Anti Corruption and Air Force.
In May 2008, as Vice chairman of the Senate Committee on Security and National Intelligence, Oduoye said the Senate was about to approve the establishment of a special court for financial crimes.
He is the father to Kayode Oduoye.
- "Sen. Simeon O. Oduoye". National Assembly of Nigeria. Archived from the original on 2016-03-03. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- "BREAKING: Senator Simeon Olasunkanmi Oduoye dies at 69". Osun Defender. Retrieved 2014-03-23.
- "Meet Senator Oduoye, Simeon Olasukanmi". Simeon Oduoye. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- Felix Uka, Abakaliki (Nov 1, 2009). "Ebony 2011: When Pedigree Becomes The Decider". Daily Independent. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- Bolade Omonijo (2009-10-14). "Senator: Why lawmakers deserve automatic ticket". The Nation. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- Laide Akinboade (12 May 2008). "Senate Set to Create Anti-Corruption Court". Vanguard. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
|This article about a Nigerian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|