|Elevation||1,580 m (5,180 ft)|
|Location||Livingston Island, South Shetland Islands, Antarctica|
|Parent range||Tangra Mountains|
|First ascent||16 January 2017 Doychin Boyanov, Nikolay Petkov and Nedelcho Hazarbasanov|
Simeon Peak (Vrah Simeon \'vr&h si-me-'on\) rises to 1,580 m in Friesland Ridge, Tangra Mountains, Livingston Island in the South Shetland Islands, Antarctica. The peak is heavily glaciated, connected to St. Boris Peak to the northeast by Paril Saddle, and surmounts Huntress Glacier to the northwest, Ruen Icefall to the southwest, and Macy Glacier to the east. It was first ascended and GPS-surveyed by the Bulgarian climbers D. Boyanov, N. Petkov and N. Hazarbasanov from Nesebar Gap via the head of Huntress Glacier, Academia Peak, St. Boris Peak and Paril Saddle on 16 January 2017.
The peak is located at Coordinates: , which is 2.48 km south-southwest of Mount Friesland, 1.85 km south-southwest of St. Boris Peak and 1.69 km north of St. Cyril Peak. British mapping in 1968, Argentine in 1980, Spanish in 1991, and Bulgarian in 2005 and 2009 from topographic surveys in 1995/96 (estimated elevation 1576 m) and 2004/05.
- South Shetland Islands. Scale 1:200000 topographic map No. 3373. DOS 610 – W 62 58. Tolworth, UK, 1968.
- Islas Livingston y Decepción. Mapa topográfico a escala 1:100000. Madrid: Servicio Geográfico del Ejército, 1991.
- S. Soccol, D. Gildea and J. Bath. Livingston Island, Antarctica. Scale 1:100000 satellite map. The Omega Foundation, USA, 2004.
- L.L. Ivanov et al., Antarctica: Livingston Island and Greenwich Island, South Shetland Islands (from English Strait to Morton Strait, with illustrations and ice-cover distribution), 1:100000 scale topographic map, Antarctic Place-names Commission of Bulgaria, Sofia, 2005
- L.L. Ivanov. Antarctica: Livingston Island and Greenwich, Robert, Snow and Smith Islands. Scale 1:120000 topographic map. Troyan: Manfred Wörner Foundation, 2010. ISBN 978-954-92032-9-5 (First edition 2009. ISBN 978-954-92032-6-4)
- Antarctic Digital Database (ADD). Scale 1:250000 topographic map of Antarctica. Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR). Since 1993, regularly upgraded and updated.
- L.L. Ivanov. Antarctica: Livingston Island and Smith Island. Scale 1:100000 topographic map. Manfred Wörner Foundation, 2017. ISBN 978-619-90008-3-0
- N. Petkov. Bulgarian Antarctic Expedition: Summits of Tangra Mountain. 19 January 2017. (in Bulgarian)
- D. Boyanov and N. Petkov. The peaks of Tangra Mountains: Project report Part Two 2016/17. Sofia, February 2017. 8 pp. (in Bulgarian)
- Simeon Peak. SCAR Composite Antarctic Gazetteer.
- Bulgarian Antarctic Gazetteer. Antarctic Place-names Commission. (details in Bulgarian, basic data in English)
This article includes information from the Antarctic Place-names Commission of Bulgaria which is used with permission.
|This Livingston Island location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This climbing-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|