This article has multiple issues. Please help to improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Type of site
|Traded as||NYSE: SMWB|
|Headquarters||New York City, New York, U.S., Kyiv, Ukraine|
|Industry||Advertising, Information technology, Market Intelligence|
|Services||Web analytics, Web traffic|
Similarweb is a digital intelligence provider for enterprise and small to mid-sized business (SMB) customers. The platform provides web analytics services and offers its users information on their clients' & competitors' web traffic and performance.
The company was founded in 2007 by Or Offer in Tel Aviv, Israel. By 2009 Similarweb won the first Israeli SeedCamp, attracting the attention of international media and investors. The company raised its Series A round of $1.1 million with the investment being led by Yossi Vardi, and Docor International Management. SimilarSites, a browser extension to help users find sites similar to those they are visiting, was launched later that year.
On September 24, 2013, the company closed a Series B round led by David Alliance, Moshe Lichtman with the participation of existing investor Docor International Management. On February 24, 2014, South Africa media giant Naspers invested $18 million into Similarweb and leading their Series C round. Within a month, Similarweb used a part of the capital for the acquisition of Israeli early-stage company TapDog for a few million dollars in shares and cash, less than a year after TapDog was founded. In November 2014, Similarweb raised $15 million in a series D investment. In July 2015, Similarweb acquired personalized content discovery platform developer Swayy.
- "Israeli Analytics Firm SimilarWeb To File For IPO On NYSE". April 18, 2021.
- Solomon, Shoshanna. "New York City now home to 21 Israel-founded tech unicorns". www.timesofisrael.com.
- "Kyiv office SimilarWeb".
- "Document". www.sec.gov.
- "Our Data". Similarweb.
- "Series A funding". TechCrunch. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- "TapDog Acquisition". Globes Inc. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- Sarah Perez (29 January 2013). "SimilarGroup Raises $2.5 Million To Take On Alexa's (Often Terrible) Web Rankings With Its New Similarweb Service". TechCrunch. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- Rebecca Grant (29 January 2013). "SimilarGroup takes new funding to take on Alexa". VentureBeat. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "Web traffic analytics co Similarweb acquires Swayy - Globes". Globes (in Hebrew). Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "Digital Measurement Service Similarweb Acquires Content Discovery Platform Swayy – TechCrunch". techcrunch.com. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "Quettra Acquisition". TechCrunch. Retrieved 10 December 2015.
- "Analytics company SimilarWeb acquires mobile intelligence startup Quettra for $10M+". VentureBeat. 2015-12-10. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "Similarweb raises $47 million to grow its web and app analytics platform globally". VentureBeat. 2017-07-25. Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- Zara, Christopher (2021-05-12). "Similarweb stock makes NYSE debut in latest tech IPO: Here's what to know". Fast Company. Retrieved 2021-05-22.
- Solomon, Shoshanna. "Digital analytics firm Similarweb to raise $180 million in NY IPO". www.timesofisrael.com. Retrieved 2021-05-22.