Type of site
|Traded as||NYSE: SMWB|
|Industry||Advertising, information technology, market intelligence, web traffic|
|Services||Web analytics, web traffic and ranking|
SimilarWeb Ltd. is an Israeli based software & data company specializing in web analytics, web traffic and performance. Headquartered in Givatayim, the company has 12 offices worldwide. Similarweb went public on the New York Stock Exchange in May 2021.
The company was founded in 2007 by Or Offer in Tel Aviv, Israel. By 2009, Similarweb won the first Israeli SeedCamp, attracting the attention of international media and investors. The company raised its Series A round of $1.1 million with the investment being led by Yossi Vardi, and Docor International Management. SimilarSites, a browser extension to help users find sites similar to those they are visiting, was launched later that
On September 24, 2013, the company closed a Series B round led by David Alliance, Moshe Lichtman with the participation of existing investor Docor International Management.
On February 24, 2014, South Africa media giant Naspers invested $18 million into Similarweb and leading their Series C round. Within a month, Similarweb used a part of the capital for the acquisition of Israeli early-stage company TapDog for a few million dollars in shares and cash, less than a year after TapDog was founded.
In November 2014, Similarweb raised $15 million in a Series D investment.
In July 2015, Similarweb acquired personalized content discovery platform developer Swayy.
In July 2017, the company announced a $47 million round of financing led by Viola Group, Saban Ventures with participation from CE Ventures and existing investors.
In May 2021, Similarweb made its public debut on the NYSE at a $1.6B valuation.
In October 2021, Similarweb won "Best Alternative data Provider" at Hedgeweek Americas Awards 2021, for their investors intelligence suite.
On February 16, 2022, Similarweb reported earnings for Q4 2021, Q4 revenue of $40.2m and Q4 ARR of $165m.
On February 14, 2023, Similarweb reported total revenue of $193.2 million for fiscal year 2022, and annual recurring revenue (ARR) exceeding $200 million.
Similarweb develops tools that enable the analysis of the traffic and behavior of users on websites and apps. The service and datasets are provided in a limited free edition, but the paid platform is addressed to SMBs and large companies which require access to accurate comprehensive data at larger scales for marketing, sales and Market research. The data is collected from a number of different sources that provide information about the internet and app usage of users, including various information partners, and anonymous data from users of the various dedicated browser addons that the company distributes.
Similarweb ranks websites and apps based on traffic and engagement metrics. Its ranking is calculated according to the collected datasets and is updated on a monthly basis with new data. The ranking system covers 210 categories of websites and apps in 190 countries and was designed to be an estimate of a website's popularity & growth potential. The company ranks websites based on traffic and engagement data, and ranks apps in the App Store (iOS/iPadOS) and Google Play Store based on downloads, installs & active user data. Analytics from SimilarWeb are comparable (albeit usually lower) than from Google Analytics.
On December 10, 2015, Similarweb announced it had acquired Quettra, a Silicon Valley-based mobile intelligence startup, to boost its mobile operations.
In November 2021, Similarweb acquired "Embee" to extend its mobile user data sets. 
In May 2022, Similarweb acquired "RankRanger" to extend its offering to the SEO industry. Rank Ranger provides keyword rank tracking services and advanced APIs that have been added to Similarweb's existing SEO tools to create a more comprehensive suite.
- In September 2020, Similarweb was the recipient of the 2020 HFM European Technology Award for Best Alternative Data Provider.
- In November 2021, Similarweb won the HedgeWeek Americas award for Best Alternative Data Provider.
- In March 2022, Similarweb won the HedgeWeek European award for Best Alternative Data Provider.
- In April 2022, Similarweb won the HFM European Services Award for Best Data Provider.
- Google Analytics – Web analytics service from Google
- List of most visited websites
- List of search engines
- List of web directories
- ^ "Israeli Analytics Firm SimilarWeb To File For IPO On NYSE". April 18, 2021.
- ^ Solomon, Shoshanna. "New York City now home to 21 Israel-founded tech unicorns". www.timesofisrael.com.
- ^ "Офіси компанії Similarweb | DOU". jobs.dou.ua.
- ^ "Document". www.sec.gov.
- ^ "Similarweb Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering". Businesswire. 12 May 2021. Retrieved 27 July 2022.
- ^ "Series A funding". TechCrunch. 24 September 2013. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- ^ "TapDog Acquisition". Globes Inc. 20 March 2014. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- ^ Sarah Perez (29 January 2013). "SimilarGroup Raises $2.5 Million To Take On Alexa's (Often Terrible) Web Rankings With Its New Similarweb Service". TechCrunch. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- ^ Rebecca Grant (29 January 2013). "SimilarGroup takes new funding to take on Alexa". VentureBeat. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- ^ "Web traffic analytics co Similarweb acquires Swayy - Globes". Globes (in Hebrew). 20 July 2015. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- ^ "Digital Measurement Service Similarweb Acquires Content Discovery Platform Swayy – TechCrunch". techcrunch.com. 20 July 2015. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- ^ "Similarweb raises $47 million to grow its web and app analytics platform globally". VentureBeat. 2017-07-25. Retrieved 2018-06-26.
- ^ Zara, Christopher (2021-05-12). "Similarweb stock makes NYSE debut in latest tech IPO: Here's what to know". Fast Company. Retrieved 2021-05-22.
- ^ Solomon, Shoshanna. "Digital analytics firm Similarweb to raise $180 million in NY IPO". www.timesofisrael.com. Retrieved 2021-05-22.
- ^ "Similarweb Wins "Best Alternative Data Provider" at Hedgeweek Americas Awards 2021" (Press release). 28 October 2021.
- ^ "Similarweb: Q4 Earnings Snapshot". AP NEWS. 2022-02-16. Retrieved 2022-03-15.
- ^ "Similarweb: Q4 2022 Earnings Snapshot". Businesswire. 2023-02-14. Retrieved 2023-05-30.
- ^ "Similarweb Data Methodology". support.similarweb.com.
- ^ "Similarweb Extension". chrome.google.com.
- ^ "Similarweb Acquires Leading Mobile-Insights Provider Embee Mobile". www.yahoo.com. Archived from the original on 2021-12-05. Retrieved 2021-12-05.
- ^ Jansen, Bernard J.; Jung, Soon-gyo; Salminen, Joni (2022-05-27). "Measuring user interactions with websites: A comparison of two industry standard analytics approaches using data of 86 websites". PLOS ONE. 17 (5): e0268212. Bibcode:2022PLoSO..1768212J. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0268212. ISSN 1932-6203. PMC 9140287. PMID 35622858.
- ^ "Quettra Acquisition". TechCrunch. 10 December 2015. Retrieved 10 December 2015.
- ^ "Analytics company SimilarWeb acquires mobile intelligence startup Quettra for $10M+". VentureBeat. 2015-12-10. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- ^ "Similarweb Acquires Leading Mobile-Insights Provider Embee Mobile". 10 November 2021. Archived from the original on 5 December 2021. Retrieved 5 December 2021.
- ^ "Similarweb Acquires Rank Ranger™, a Leading Provider of SEO and Search Rank Tracking Solutions". 16 May 2022.
- ^ "Rewarding excellence in hedge fund technology". 2020-09-03.
- ^ "Hedgeweek American Awards 2021". 2021-11-30.
- ^ "Rewarding fund performance and service provider excellence in hedge funds". 2022-03-31.
- ^ "2023 Winners". 2023-04-30.