Simmons is an unincorporated community in Texas County, in the U.S. state of Missouri. The community is located at the intersection of US Route 63 and Missouri Route Z, approximately seven miles south of Houston. The Big Piney River flows past the east side of the community.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Simmons, Missouri
- Cabool NE, Missouri, 7.5 Minute Topographic Quadrangle, USGS, 1951 (1985 rev.)
- "Post Offices". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 28 December 2016.
- "Texas County Place Names, 1928–1945". The State Historical Society of Missouri. Archived from the original on June 24, 2016. Retrieved December 28, 2016.
- Eaton, David Wolfe (1918). How Missouri Counties, Towns and Streams Were Named. The State Historical Society of Missouri. p. 368.
|This Texas County, Missouri state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|