|Traded as||NASDAQ: SFNC|
S&P 600 Component
|Founded||March 23, 1903|
Pine Bluff, Arkansas
|George A. Makris, Jr., Chairman & CEO|
Robert A. Fehlman, CFO
|$74 million (2019)|
|Total assets||$17.6 billion (2019)|
|Total equity||$2.3 billion (2019)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
Simmons Bank is a bank with operations in Arkansas, Colorado, Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Texas. It is the primary subsidiary of Simmons First National Corporation, a bank holding company.
The bank was founded by physician Dr. John Franklin Simmons in Pine Bluff, Arkansas in 1903.
In 1933, during the Great Depression, it was one of the first Arkansas banks to reopen after the federally imposed “bank holiday”.
In 1967, the bank was the first in Arkansas to offer a credit card.
In May 2010, the company acquired Southwest Community Bank.
In October 2010, the company acquired Security Savings Bank.
In October 2012, the company acquired Excel Bank.
In August 2014, the company acquired Delta Trust & Bank.
In February 2015, the company acquired Liberty Bancshares and Community First Bancshares.
In November 2015, the company acquired Ozark Trust and Investment Corp.
In September 2016, the company acquired Citizens National Bank.
In May 2017, the company acquired First South Bank.
In October 2017, the company acquired Southwest Bancorp, Inc. and First Texas BHC, Inc.
In April 2019, the company acquired Reliance Bancshares, Inc.
- "Simmons First National Corporation 2018 Form 10-K Annual Report". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- "FDIC: Simmons Bank (FDIC # 3890)". Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
- "Failed Bank Information for Truman Bank, St. Louis, MO". Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
- Edwards, Greg (September 14, 2012). "Truman Bank seized, sold to Simmons First National Bank". American City Business Journals.
- "Simmons First Completes Acquisition of Metropolitan National Bank" (Press release). Globe Newswire. November 25, 2013.
- "Simmons First National Corporation Completes Acquisitions of Liberty Bancshares and Community First Bancshares" (Press release). Globe Newswire. February 27, 2015.
- "Simmons completes Ozark acquisition". American City Business Journals. November 2, 2015.
- "Simmons First National Corporation Completes Acquisition of Hardeman County Investment Company, Inc" (Press release). Globe Newswire. May 15, 2017.
- "Simmons First National Corporation Completes Acquisitions of Southwest Bancorp, Inc. and First Texas BHC, Inc" (Press release). Globe Newswire. October 19, 2017.
- "Simmons First National Corporation Completes Merger of Reliance Bancshares, Inc" (Press release). Globe Newswire. April 15, 2019.
[[Category:Banks established in 1903]