|Occupation||Founder Good Country; the Global Vote; Independent Policy Advisor; Speaker; Author & Researcher; Hon. Professor UEA.|
Simon Anholt is an independent policy advisor who has worked to help develop and implement strategies for enhanced economic, political and cultural engagement with other countries.
These strategies are typically in the areas of national identity and reputation, public diplomacy, cultural policy and cultural relations, regional integration, immigration and related areas of social policy, sustainability, educational policy, trade, export promotion, tourism, security and defence, foreign direct investment, talent attraction and major international events.
He is the founder of Good Country and the Good Country Index which measures what each country on earth contributes to the common good of humanity, and what it takes away, relative to its size. Good Country was launched in his TED talk in June 2014.
He is the founder and publisher of the global annual research studies: Anholt-GfK Roper Nation Brands Index, Anholt-GfK Roper City Brands Index and Anholt-GfK Roper State Brands Index, three major surveys which use a panel of 30,000 people in 25 countries to monitor global perceptions of 50 countries, 50 cities and the 52 States of the Union.
He is the author of the book Another One Bites The Grass, and of "Brand New Justice" covering the role of companies in economic development, first published in 2003. His more recent books include the best seller Brand America, (Cyan Books 2004 and 2009); Competitive Identity (Palgrave Macmillan 2007); and Places (Palgrave Macmillan 2010).
- Anholt, Simon (2010-01-23). Places: Identity, Image and Reputation. Palgrave Macmillan. ISBN 978-0-230-23977-7.
- Anholt, Simon (2007-01-23). Competitive Identity: the new brand management for nations, cities and regions. Palgrave Macmillan. ISBN 978-0-230-50028-0.
- Anholt, Simon (2003). Brand New Justice: the upside of global branding (paperback ed.). Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann. ISBN 0-7506-5699-9.
- Anholt, Simon; Hildreth, Jeremy (2005-04-01). Brand America: The Mother of All Brands. Cyan Communications. ISBN 1-904879-02-0.
- Anholt, Simon (January 2000). Another One Bites the Grass: Making Sense of International Advertising. New York: John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 0-471-35488-0.
- Dinnie, K. "Japan's Nation Branding:Recent Evolution and Potential Future Paths". Japan Aktuell Journal of Current Japanese Affairs. p. (3)pp.43.
- Fullerton, J.A. (2011). "Australia tourism advertising: A test of the bleed-over effect among US travelers". Place Branding and Public Diplomacy. p. 7(4)pp.245.
- Boisen, M., Van Gorp, B. (2011). "The selective nature of place branding and the layering of spatial identities". Journal of Place Management and Development. p. 4(2)pp.140.
- Simon Anholt's views on Brazil's distinctive image and gentle caution to its role as the 2016 Summer Olympics host - Brazil TV interview
- "International public opinion: the sole remaining superpower". Launch of Anholt's Climate Change Communication Forum at COP16, Mexico
- Interview with Simon Anholt on Malaysian radio
- Simon Anholt at TED