|The Rt Revd|
|Bishop of Coventry|
Barrington-Ward at Magdalene College, Cambridge, October 2011
|Diocese||Diocese of Coventry|
|Other posts||Honorary assistant bishop in Ely|
|Born||27 May 1930|
|Parents||Robert Barrington-Ward & Margaret Adele Barrington-Ward|
|Spouse||Jean Caverhill Taylor (m. 1963)|
|Profession||RAF officer; theologian|
|Alma mater||Magdalene College, Cambridge|
Barrington-Ward is the son of Robert Barrington-Ward, who served as editor of The Times, and Margaret Adele Barrington-Ward. He was educated at Eton College and Magdalene College, Cambridge, from which he graduated Bachelor of Arts and Master of Arts. After service as a Pilot Officer in the Royal Air Force, he taught at theological colleges before being ordained.
Barrington-Ward is now a bishop with pastoral care of the University of Cambridge, an honorary assistant bishop in the Diocese of Ely, honorary assistant chaplain of Magdalene College where he has been an honorary fellow since 1987, and a chaplain to the staff of Ridley Hall, Cambridge.
In the New Year Honours 2001 (published at the end of 2000) he was appointed a Knight Commander of the Most Distinguished Order of St Michael and St George, having served as the Prelate of that Order. Following the custom for clergy in the Church of England, he does not use the title of "Sir".
- "Barrington-Ward, Rt Rev. Simon". Who's Who. 2012. Retrieved 16 March 2012.
- Who's Who. London: A & C Black. 1992. ISBN 0-7136-3514-2.
- Crockford's clerical directory. London: Church House Publishing. 1995. ISBN 0-7151-8088-6.
- Ellis, P, ed. (1992). Debrett's People of Today. London: Debrett's. p. 1621. ISBN 1-870520-09-2.
- "Fellows of the Colleges: Magdalene". Cambridge University Reporter. CXXXVII (Special No 3). 5 October 2006.
| Bishop of Coventry
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|