Simon Beaufoy (//; born 26 December 1966) is a British screenwriter. Born in Keighley, West Riding of Yorkshire, he was educated at Malsis School in Cross Hills, Ermysted's Grammar School and Sedbergh School, he read English at St Peter's College, Oxford and graduated from Arts University Bournemouth. In 1997, he earned an Oscar nomination for Best Original Screenplay for The Full Monty. He went on to win the 2009 Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for Slumdog Millionaire as well as winning a Golden Globe and a BAFTA award.
In March 2014, Spanner Films announced that Beaufoy will be one of the writers for Undercovers, a television drama series about the undercover police officers who spied on activists, and the women who unknowingly had long-term relationships and even children with the spies.
- Yellow (1996) (short film)
- The Full Monty (1997)
- Among Giants (1998)
- Closer (1998) (short film)
- The Darkest Light (1999)
- This Is Not a Love Song (2001)
- Blow Dry (2001)
- Yasmin (2004)
- Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day (2008)
- Burn Up (2008) (miniseries)
- Slumdog Millionaire (2008) (won an Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay, a BAFTA Award for Best Adapted Screenplay, and a Golden Globe Award for Best Screenplay)
- 127 Hours (2010)
- Salmon Fishing in the Yemen (2011)
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013)
- Everest (2015)
- Battle of the Sexes (2017)
- Trust (2018) (TV series)
- The Spy Who Came in from the Cold (2020) (TV miniseries) (adaptation)
- Witherow, John, ed. (26 December 2018). "Birthdays today". The Times (72727). p. 33. ISSN 0140-0460.
- McFarlane, Brian. "Beaufoy, Simon". Encyclopedia of British Film. BFI Screenonline. Retrieved 16 September 2011.
- The New York Times
- The Full Monty on stage: the boys are back in town The Guardian, 10 February 2013. Retrieved 12 February 2013.
- "Spanner Films press release". 7 March 2014. Retrieved 2014-03-13.
- Petski, Denise (20 July 2016). "John le Carré's 'The Spy Who Came in from the Cold' In Works As Series". Deadline. Retrieved 5 December 2016.