Simon Black (English footballer)
|Full name||Simon Anthony Black|
|Date of birth||9 November 1975|
|Place of birth||Marston Green, Solihull, England|
|1998||Brierley Hill Town|
|Hall Road Rangers|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Black was born in Marston Green, Solihull. When he left school in 1991, he joined Birmingham City as a YTS trainee, and made his debut in Division One (second tier) on the opening day of the 1993–94 season in a 1–0 defeat at Charlton Athletic. He played once more in the league and twice in the Anglo-Italian Cup, before leaving the club. He was later on the books of Doncaster Rovers, without playing for the first team.
He joined Yeovil Town, making his debut for them on 4 March and going on to make 13 appearances during the remainder of the 1994–95 season, scoring four goals. He subsequently played one match for Ilkeston Town on 24 February 1996 before joining Gloucester City, where he scored three goals in seven appearances by the end of the 1995–96 season.
In early 1998 he signed for Brierley Hill Town, but joined Halesowen Town later in the year. He subsequently played for Bedworth United in 1999, Stourbridge from 2000 to 2001, Paget Rangers in 2002, Bridlington Town and Hall Road Rangers.
- Matthews, Tony (1995). Birmingham City: A Complete Record. Derby: Breedon Books. p. 72. ISBN 978-1-85983-010-9.
- "Birmingham City: 1947/48–2007/08". UK A–Z Transfers. Neil Brown. Retrieved 22 May 2009.
- Matthews, p. 228
- "Player profile Simon Black". NonLeague Daily. Archived from the original on 15 September 2012.
- "Doncaster Rovers : 1946/47–1997/98 & 2003/04–2007/08". UK A–Z Transfers. Neil Brown. Retrieved 22 May 2009.
- Simon Black: Player Profile Ciderspace
- B Ilson Football
- Appearances & Goalscorers - 1995/96 Tiger Roar
- Harrison makes his Mark to clip Swifts' wings Sunday Mercury, 1 March 1998
- "Results for Halesowen Town (1998–1999)". Yeltzland.net. Retrieved 22 May 2009.
- "Bloxwich (0) 0 Bedworth United (2) 5". CWN – News & Information for Coventry & Warwickshire. 13 February 1999. Retrieved 22 May 2009.
- Stoner, Colin (19 February 2000). "Stourbridge: 'Black stays'". Sports Argus (Birmingham). Retrieved 22 May 2009 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (. ))
- "New boss Jackson rings the changes". Stourbridge News. 29 November 2001. Retrieved 22 May 2009.
- "Non-League Football: Delight for Beckett as Bears swoop to pick up duo". Birmingham Post. 9 February 2002. Retrieved 22 May 2009 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (. ))
|This biographical article related to association football in England, about a forward born in the 1970s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|