Brand at the 2014 Miami International Film Festival
July 28, 1970 
|Occupation||Film director, film producer, music video director|
Simón Brand (born July 28, 1970) is a Colombian film director. Brand has directed more than 200 TV commercials for companies such as Coca-Cola, Coors Light, AT&T, Apple Inc., BMW. He has also directed music videos for artists such as Thalía, Juanes, Shakira, Alejandro Fernández, Enrique Iglesias and Ricky Martin.
In 2006 he made his debut as film director with the film Unknown. His next film Paraiso Travel had the highest attendance for a Colombian film in 2008 with 888,409 viewers. He currently resides in Los Angeles, California, with his wife Claudia Bahamón, a Colombian model and TV host, along with their two children.
Brand started his career at the age of sixteen, when he directed his first music video for the Colombian band Pasaporte, the song "Igor y Penélope". Two years later, he directed the music video "El Velo" for Colombian group Estados Alterados. Soon after, he moved to Miami thanks to a scholarship he got from Music and Video Academic. Hist first job in the United States consisted of recording voice-overs for phone companies. After graduating with honors, Brand founded his own production company called Kree8, with which he has produced most of his commercials and music videos.
Before filmmaking, he began studying Communications, Advertising, and Epistemology at the Pontifical Xavierian University in Bogotá, Colombia, where he also worked at a local radio station as a broadcaster.
His second feature film Paraiso travel, released in 2008, was the highest-grossing movie in Colombia that year. Time magazine named it as one of the best Latin American movies of the first decade of the century. Margarita Rosa de Francisco, John Leguizamo, and Ana de la Reguera were some of the recognizable Latin American actors that took part of the film.
In 2006, Variety magazine named Simon Brand one of the top 40 most influential Latin Americans in Hollywood.
|2010||Aftermath||Yes||One episode (When the Earth Stops Spinning).|
|2011||La sombrilla||Yes||TV movie.|
|2011||Mentes en shock||TV series. Creator.|
|2011||Fronteras||Yes||TV series. One episode (La Sombrilla).|
|2013||Paper Giants: Magazine Wars||Yes||One episode (Episode 2).|
Music videos filmography
- Chayanne - "Salomé"
- Noelia - "Tú"
- MDO - "Groove With Me Tonight"
- Jaci Velasquez - "Llegar A Tí"
- Jaci Velasquez - "De Creer En Tí"
- Westlife - "Seasons in the Sun"
- Steps - "After the Love Has Gone"
- Steps - "When I Said Goodbye"
- Thalía - "Entre El Mar Y Una Estrella
- Thalía - "Regresa a Mí"
- Thalía - "Arrasando"
- Paulina Rubio - "I'll Be Right Here (Sexual Lover)"
- Enrique Iglesias - "Mentiroso"
- Enrique Iglesias - "Quizás"
- Enrique Iglesias feat. Lionel Richie - "To Love a Woman"
- Ricardo Arjona - "Minutos"
- Paulina Rubio - "Baila Casanova (Casanova)"
- Enrique Iglesias - "Para Qué la Vida"
- Chayanne - "Un Siglo Sin Tí"
- Chayanne - "Sentada Aquí en Mi Alma"
- Alejandro Fernández - "Me Dediqué A Perderte"
- Ricardo Arjona - "Mojado"
- Juanes - "A Dios le Pido" (European version)
- Ricky Martin - "It's Alright"
- Alejandro Fernández feat. Christina Aguilera - "Hoy Tengo Ganas de Ti"
- Letting Up Despite Great Faults - "Details Of My World"
- LaBiografía.com. "Biografia de Simon Brand - Año de Nacimiento". LaBiografia.com. Retrieved March 6, 2012.
- El Tiempo. "Qué quincena / Sofía Vergara y su acalorado pronunciamiento sobre las cirugías de Madonna - El éxito de Simón". El Tiempo. Retrieved March 6, 2012.
- "Perfiles: Simón Brand | Proimágenes Colombia". Perfiles: Simón Brand | Proimágenes Colombia. Retrieved 2015-11-06.
- "Simón Brand: el colombiano que conquistó Hollywood". www.colombia.co. Retrieved 2015-11-06.
- "Simon Brand, Directores| ColArte | Colombia". www.colarte.com. Retrieved 2015-11-06.