Simon Cameron House
John Harris - Simon Cameron House
John Harris-Simon Cameron House, November 2010
|Location||219 S. Front St., Harrisburg, Pennsylvania|
|Area||less than one acre|
|Architect||John Harris, Jr.|
|NRHP Reference #||73001620|
|Added to NRHP||September 20, 1973|
|Designated NHL||May 15, 1975|
|Designated PHMC||August 23, 1946|
Simon Cameron House, also known as John Harris Mansion and the Harris-Cameron Mansion is a site in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. The structure is one of the oldest buildings in Harrisburg and has undergone numerous additions and significant renovations since it was first constructed in 1766. The house and family items were donated to the Historical Society of Dauphin County in 1941 and, along with a research library, is open for tours Monday through Thursday, at 1:00, 2:00, and 3:00 p.m.
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania
- List of the oldest buildings in Pennsylvania
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2010-07-09.
- John Harris-Simon Cameron Mansion History Dauphin County Historical Society, Retrieved January 21, 2011.
- "John Harris Mansion - PHMC Historical Markers". Historical Marker Database. Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission. Retrieved December 20, 2013.
- "John Harris Mansion". National Historic Landmark summary listing. National Park Service. Retrieved 2008-02-08.