Simon Carless is an English video game industry businessperson, publisher, editor and former game designer. He was born in London, England, and presently resides in Alameda, California. Simon works in San Francisco for UBM Tech as Group EVP across the Game Network & Black Hat, including overseeing the worldwide Game Developers Conference & also the Black Hat information security events.
Carless is Chairman Emeritus of the Independent Games Festival, and he co-founded and led the Independent Games Summit since 2007 as part of the yearly San Francisco-based Game Developers Conference.
Carless edited the games section on Slashdot, and he worked as a lead game designer at Kuju Entertainment, Eidos Interactive and Atari. He wrote Gaming Hacks, a book published by O'Reilly Media.
- "UBM Tech/Create Your Next Customer website".
- "Gamasutra - The Art & Business of Making Games". www.gamasutra.com.
- "You Might Know Me From… - Simon Carless". www.simoncarless.com.
- Carless, Simon. "Gaming Hacks".
- Asle, Crown, CurtCool, Monty. "Amiga Music Preservation -". amp.dascene.net.
- "Monotonik". Discogs.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Simon Carless.|
|This biographical article relating to a video game specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|