This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Also known as||Foxy|
|Born||25 May 1965|
Meriden, Warwickshire, England
|Genres||Rock, mod revival, folk|
|Instruments||Vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, piano, harmonica|
|Labels||Moseley Shoals Records|
|Associated acts||Ocean Colour Scene, Merrymouth (band)|
Simon Fowler commenced his music career as the lead singer and songwriter for Birmingham band The Fanatics, which consisted of Simon Fowler (vocals & guitar), Damon Minchella (bass), Paul Wilkes (guitar) and Carolyn Bullock (drums). Future Ocean Colour Scene drummer and former Echo Base band member Oscar Harrison replaced Bullock on drums.
The Fanatics released one record in 1989 before splitting, the four track 'Suburban Love Songs' 12" vinyl e.p. on Chapter 22 Records (12 CHAP 38), containing the songs "1,2,3,4"; "My Brother Sarah" (later re-recorded by Ocean Colour Scene), "Suburban Love Songs" and "Tight Rope". Following the demise of The Fanatics in late 1989, Fowler, Minchella and Harrison teamed up with guitar player Steve Cradock to form Ocean Colour Scene.
In 2012 Fowler formed the band Merrymouth with Ocean Colour Scene band member Dan Sealey, and Mike McNamara. Their debut album, Simon Fowler's Merrymouth, was released in March 2012, and their second album, Wenlock Hill, featuring Adam Barry, John McCusker and Chas Hodges, was released in 2014.
Fowler lives with his long term partner Robert in Warwickshire. He was educated at Tudor Grange School in Solihull, and later studied at The Sixth Form College Solihull where he wrote "Foxy's Folk Faced". He then became a journalist, working for the Birmingham Post. He is a supporter of Birmingham City Football Club.
- "Stay on the scene – Independent, The (London) – Find Articles at BNET". Findarticles.com. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- ":: oceancolourtheme :: simon fowler profile :: ocean colour scene ::". Blue-whaleproductions.com. 25 May 1965. Archived from the original on 21 July 2012. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- "The Fanatics - Live at the Irish Center, Birmingham, 1988". Ugly.co.uk. Archived from the original on 4 November 2003. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- "The Men from UGLY Ś MP3 Download Area". Ugly.co.uk. Archived from the original on 23 February 2001. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- "Ocean Colour Scene star Fowler admits being Birmingham mad". 23 October 2010. Archived from the original on 26 October 2010.