|Member of Parliament |
for East Devon
|Assumed office |
12 December 2019
|Preceded by||Sir Hugo Swire|
|Born||8 September 1985|
Early life and career
Jupp was born in Plymouth at Freedom Fields Hospital in September 1985. After leaving college, he worked as a presenter & journalist for Radio Exe, Plymouth Sound FM, Radio Plymouth, Spirit FM (UK radio station), North Norfolk Radio, BBC Radio Solent and ITV Channel TV before entering politics. 
Jupp joined the CCHQ press office as the Head of Broadcast in 2017. He was appointed Special Advisor to Tim Bowles, the Mayor of the West of England in 2018. In 2019, he joined the Foreign and Commonwealth Office as a Special Advisor to the First Secretary of State and Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab.
Jupp was selected to replace Sir Hugo Swire as the Conservative candidate for East Devon in November 2019 and won the seat with over 50% of the vote and a majority of 6,708. Jupp was elected by fellow MPs to be a member of the Transport Select Committee in February 2020.
- "Members Sworn". Hansard.parliament.uk. 18 December 2019. Retrieved 28 January 2020.
- "Members Data Query". parliament.uk. Retrieved 2 February 2020.
- "Devon East Parliamentary constituency". BBC. Retrieved 13 December 2019.
- Sharp, Beth. "General Election 2019: More GPs and reopening a railway station on Tory candidate's radar". Sidmouth Herald. Retrieved 18 December 2019.
- Radio Exe https://www.radioexe.co.uk/news-and-features/local-news/from-dj-to-mp/
- "General Election 2019: Conservative Simon Jupp elected East Devon MP". East Devon News. 13 December 2019. Retrieved 18 December 2019.
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
| Member of Parliament
for Devon East
|This article about a Conservative Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom representing an English constituency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom elected at the 2019 general election or a subsequent by-election is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|