Simon Lennox-Boyd, 2nd Viscount Boyd of Merton
Simon Donald Rupert Neville Lennox-Boyd, 2nd Viscount Boyd of Merton (born 7 December 1939) is a British peer.
The son of Alan Lennox-Boyd, 1st Viscount Boyd of Merton, Lord Boyd was educated at Eton and graduated from Christ Church, Oxford in 1962, with a Bachelor of Arts and in 1966 with a Master of Arts. He was deputy-chairman of Arthur Guinness & Sons between 1981 and 1986.
Lord Boyd of Merton married Alice Mary Clive (born March 24, 1942), daughter of the writer Lady Mary Clive, on 24 July 1962. They had four children:
- Hon. Charlotte Mary Lennox-Boyd (b. 16 April 1963), married Charles Mitchell in 1992 and had issue;
- Hon. Benjamin Alan Lennox-Boyd (b. 21 October 1964), married Shelia Mary Margaret Williams in 1993 and had issue. He is the Heir Apparent to the present holder's Viscounty and his son Alan George Simon Lennox-Boyd (b. 11 March 1993) is the Heir's Heir Apparent who is named after his Great Grandfather.
- Hon. Edward George Lennox-Boyd (b. 30 March 1968), married Tamsim Hichens in 1994 and had issue. He changed his name by Deed poll to Edward George Clive on 24 November 1999;
- Hon. Philippa Patricia Lennox-Boyd (b. 12 March 1970), married Patrick Spens, 4th Baron Spens, in 1998 and had issue.
- Person page Simon Lennox-Boyd, 2nd Viscount Boyd of Merton - Website thePeerage.com
- Burke's Peerage
- Who's Who 2009
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Viscount Boyd of Merton
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
|Viscount Boyd of Merton