Simon Lister (Royal Navy officer)
Sir Simon Lister
|Born||October 1959 (age 61)|
Luton, Bedfordshire, England
|Years of service||1978–2019|
|Commands held||HM Naval Base Plymouth|
|Awards||Knight Commander of the Order of the Bath|
Officer of the Order of the British Empire
Vice Admiral (retired) Sir Simon Robert Lister, (born October 1959) is a Royal Navy officer who has taken a sabbatical from his Royal Navy Career to be Managing Director of the Aircraft Carrier Alliance.
Educated at the Royal Naval Engineering College at Manadon and the Royal Naval College, Greenwich, Lister joined the Royal Navy in 1978. He became the marine engineer officer of the submarine Odin in 1986. He went on to be marine engineer officer of Torbay and then Trenchant in 1993. He became Naval Assistant to the Chief Executive of the Ship Support Agency in 1994 and, after attending the London Business School in 1996, he became Director, Naval Plans at the Ministry of Defence in 1997 and then naval attaché in Moscow in 2001.
Lister became head of the team responsible for phase one of the internal restructuring programme at the Defence Logistics Organisation in 2004. He went on to be Commander, HM Naval Base Plymouth in 2005, Senior Naval Member on the Directing Staff at the Royal College of Defence Studies in April 2008 and Director, Submarines in 2009. Lister became Chief of Materiel (Fleet) and Chief of Fleet Support with promotion to the rank of vice admiral in December 2013. In May 2017, he was appointed as interim head of the Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA) and given the title of Chief of Materiel (Submarines).
Lister was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2001 Birthday Honours, Companion of the Order of the Bath (CB) in the 2013 New Year Honours, and Knight Commander of the Order of the Bath (KCB) in the 2017 Birthday Honours.
- "Alan Bristow Memorial Lecture 2018". Aero Society. Retrieved 24 January 2020.
- Interview with Commodore Simon Lister 27 April 2005
- Senior Royal Navy Appointments Archived 15 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- Whitaker's Almanack 2010
- "New Submarine Agency in place" (PDF). Desider. 31 May 2017. p. 11. Retrieved 27 June 2017.
- "No. 56237". The London Gazette (Supplement). 16 June 2001. p. 5.
- "No. 60367". The London Gazette (Supplement). 29 December 2012. p. 2.
- "No. 61962". The London Gazette (Supplement). 16 June 2017. p. B2.
- "New head of alliance delivering nation's Carriers amongst appointments welcomed by Defence Secretary". GOV.UK. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- "No. 62844". The London Gazette (Supplement). 3 December 2019. p. 21821.
| Chief of Materiel Fleet/Chief of Fleet Support