This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Simon Lovell (born 1957 in Manchester) is an English comedy magician, card shark actor, and con man. His trademark pieces are finding an audience member's card in his mouth and a humorous straitjacket escape. Lovell appeared on VH1's popular reality show Celebracadabra, on which he and other magicians trained celebrities to perform magic for audiences.
The author of sixteen books, including Billion Dollar Bunco, which covers cons and scams, Lovell starred in a one-man off-Broadway show called Strange and Unusual Hobbies. It ran for over eight years at the SoHo Playhouse in NYC, and the Wall Street Journal complimented it by saying, "A dazzling 70-minute show." The well-reviewed show combined Lovell's off-the-wall sense of humor with demonstrations of his uncanny card cheating and "jaw-dropping" magic.
Formerly residing in New York City, Simon was a regularly featured performer "Monday Night Magic", the oldest running off-Broadway show featuring an evening of magicians and related performers.
He was the consultant con man as of season 2 for Matt Bommer in the show White Collar.
Simon Lovell has also partnered up with Fantasma Magic, to help young magicians begin on the path toward becoming magicians. Some of the tricks performed in Fantasma's products include the Linking Rings, the Cups & Balls, Vanishing Silk and 250 more tricks using props from the kit or everyday items from around the house. Fantasma's training DVD also includes scenes from well-known magicians such as Harry Houdini and Harry Blackstone, Sr..
- Lovell, Simon (2006). How to Cheat at Everything: A Con Man Reveals the Secrets of the Esoteric Trade of Cheating, Scams, and Hustles. Running Press. p. 560 pages. ISBN 1-56025-973-6.
- Lovell, Simon (2000). The Son of Simon Says! More of the Close-up Magic of Simon Lovell. L&L Publishing. p. 197 pages. ASIN B000WU8WVW.
- Lovell, Simon (1997). Simon Says! The Close-Up Magic of Simon Lovell. L&L Publishing. p. 247 pages. ASIN B0006RTB4S.
- Solomon, Charles (10 February 2007). "He Doesn't Put All His Cards on the Table". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2008-07-31.
- The Linking Ring Volume 84 Number 11 (November 2004)
|This magic-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|