Makienok with Preston North End in 2016
|Full name||Simon Makienok Christoffersen|
|Date of birth||21 November 1990|
|Place of birth||Næstved, Denmark|
|Height||6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)|
|Preston North End|
|2015–2016||→ Charlton Athletic (loan)||36||(5)|
|2016–||→ Preston North End (loan)||15||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15:58, 27 December 2016 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 24 August 2014
Simon Makienok Christoffersen (born 21 November 1990) is a Danish footballer who plays as a striker for Championship side Preston North End, on loan from Serie A club Palermo. Makienok has also represented Denmark at senior and several youth levels.
Makienok joined Brøndby IF on 28 January 2012 on a €550K transfer from HB Køge, signing a four-year contract which tied him to the club until the summer 2016. He made his debut on 4 March 2012, in a 1–0 win against SønderjyskE. He scored his first goal for Brøndby IF 18 March 2012 in the 2–1 away win against FC Nordsjælland. He was rewarded with Player of the month in the Danish Superliga. In total, Makienok scored 11 goals in 33 league and cup appearances in the 2011–12 season.
In the 2012–13 season he amassed 15 goals in 34 league and cup appearances.
On 20 August 2013, Brøndby announced that they had accepted an €3.8 million (DKK28.5 million) offer from a Russian club for him. However, Makienok reportedly said that 'Money isn't everything' and decided to stay at the club. According to multiple Danish newspapers, he turned down a weekly salary of €34,000 (€1,632,000/year) from Russian club FC Terek Grozny. In the same year, he caught the attention of several French clubs and English sides Crystal Palace and Fulham while his price tag was reported as over €4 million. According to several Danish media sources, he rejected a contract extension offer wanting to pursue new challenges during the 2014 summer transfer window. In the 2013–14 season, Makienok scored 13 goals in 25 league and cup appearances.
On 31 July 2014, Makienok made his Europa League début starting in a 3–0 away defeat against the Belgian side Club Brugge. During the last weeks of the 2014 summer transfer window, rumors circulated about foreign interest in him. Several Serie A clubs revealed their interest, with Palermo leading Atalanta, Cesena and the Scottish side Celtic in the chase for him, who had a €3 million price tag according to the Danish media.
On 1 July 2015, Makienok joined Charlton Athletic on a one-year loan. He scored his first goal for the club in a 2–1 win over Hull City on 22 August 2015. He netted 5 goals in the course of the season, in which his Chartlon Athletic side were relegated from the Championship.
Preston North End
Following Makienok's spell at Chartlon Athletic, he joined Preston North End on loan, from 1 July 2016. He was the club's second summer signing, following the signing of goalkeeper Chris Maxwell. On 20 September 2016 he scored a hat-trick as Preston knocked Premier League side Bournemouth out of the EFL Cup.
On 15 October he came off the bench in the 79th minute to score his first league goal of the season, with a dramatic injury time equaliser as he latched on to Gallagher's pin point cross to head home, which stretched Preston's unbeaten run to five games after a slow start to the season.
As of match played 15 October 2016 
|Herfølge BK||2008–09||Danish 1st Division||4||0||0||0||-||-||4||0|
|HB Køge||2009–10||Danish Superliga||9||1||2||0||-||-||11||1|
|2010–11||Danish 1st Division||28||16||1||0||-||-||29||16|
|Brøndby IF||2011–12||Danish Superliga||14||5||0||0||-||-||14||5|
|Charlton Athletic (loan)||2015–16||Championship||36||5||1||0||-||-||37||5|
|Preston North End (loan)||2016–17||Championship||13||2||3||3||-||-||16||5|
- (-) Not qualified
In August 2013, Simon Makienok started dating the Danish TV-host Ibi Støving who is 16 years older than him. Ibi has a son with the former professional footballer Tobias Grahn. The couple revealed on their personal blog crystalkidbabyshark.com that Makienok had proposed to Ibi on 4 April 2014. They got married on 6 September 2014 in Holmens church in Copenhagen.
- Hoffskov, Ole (6 December 2013). "French clubs eyes Brøndby IF profil" (in Danish). www.tipsbladet. Retrieved 6 December 2013.
- Josevski, Aleksandar (10 December 2013). "Makienok: Crystal Palace is still watching me" (in Danish). www.bt.dk. Retrieved 1 November 2013.
- Helmin, Jesper (31 December 2013). "Newspaper: Meulensteen ask for Makienok" (in Danish). www.bold.dk. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- "Starting line-up against Club Brugge" (in Danish). www.brondby.com. 31 July 2014. Retrieved 31 July 2014.
- Qureshi, Michael (24 August 2014). "The asking price for Makienok" (in Danish). Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- "Makienok sign a four year contract with Palermo" (in Danish). 30 August 2014. Retrieved 30 August 2014.
- Russo, Alessandro (29 August 2014). "Palermo, è ufficiale il gigante Makienok". Gazetta Dello Sport (in Italian).
- "Charlton secure great Dane Simon Makienok". 1 July 2015. Retrieved 1 July 2015.
- "Charlton 2–1 Hull". BBC Sport. 22 August 2015. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- "Bournemouth 2-3 Preston". BBC Sport. 20 September 2016. Retrieved 21 September 2016.
- "Simon Makienok Player Profile - ESPN FC". www.espnfc.com. Retrieved 2016-09-21.
- Vraa, Nikolaj (10 August 2013). "Ibi Støvring dater Simon Makienok" (in Danish). www.herognu.com. Retrieved 24 July 2013.
- Pedersen, Jeppe (4 April 2014). "Ibi Støvring and Simon Makienok engaged to be married" (in Danish). www.bt.dk. Retrieved 4 April 2014.