The Malian Foundation
The Malian Foundation is an Australian philanthropic non-profit institution.
The Foundation was established as a result of its founder noticing that support services being exclusively geared towards commercial organisations, and that non-profits - without the financial backing and resources of the corporate world, were being left largely to their own devices.
The Malian Foundation operates two programs:
- The Empowering Communities Program and
- The Consulting Services Program
- The Founder of the Malian Foundation is named Simon Malian
The Malian Foundation works collaboratively with a number of associations and non-profits to achieve its goals. The Foundation was voted in as a Senior Member within the World Association of Non-Governmental Organizations which recognises non-profits which have a significant international impact and was recommended by the United Nations Development Program. The Foundation is notable because it is possibly the only non-profit to provide a full range of both open-source software and pro-bono management consulting services on a worldwide basis.
The Foundation maintains offices through its partners in a number of countries
and a number of other countries.
Simon Malian is the founder of the Malian Foundation, a multi-national non-profit organization. Malian completed his university education at the University of Technology, Sydney after accepting a scholarship within the Bachelor of Information Technology program.
Malian established the Foundation when he realised that support services were virtually exclusively geared towards commercial organisations, and that non-profits—without the financial backing and resources of the corporate world, were being left largely to their own devices. The Foundation provides free products and services catering to the needs of charitable causes.
- Transcript of ABC National Radio Interview with Simon Malian
- Profile of the Malian Foundation within e-Civicus p.7
- Media release concerning the Malian Foundation’s membership within the World Association for Non-Governmental Organizations 
- World Association for Non-Governmental Organizations Membership Guidelines 
- Article within World Volunteer Web which is managed by the United Nations Development Program
- The Malian Foundation Partner Listing webpage
- University of Technology, Sydney Alumni Profile of Simon Malian
- Australian of the Year Awards website