Simon Moore (footballer)
|Full name||Simon William Moore|
|Date of birth||19 May 1990|
|Place of birth||Sandown, England|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|2010–2011||→ Basingstoke Town (loan)||7||(0)|
|2014||→ Bristol City (loan)||11||(0)|
|2009||Isle of Wight||5||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20:11, 22 April 2017 (UTC).
Born in Sandown on the Isle of Wight, Moore started at Brading Town. He was signed by Premier League side Southampton academy. Moore revealed he was released by the club for being too small. He returned to Isle of Wight based side Brading Town, before signing for Farnborough.
Moore signed with Brentford in August 2009 after spending the summer at the club on trial, but had to wait until May 2010 to make his debut, when he appeared against Hartlepool United as a substitute for regular number one goalkeeper Wojciech Szczęsny.
The 2012–13 season was Moore's breakthrough season at Brentford. He started the season as an understudy to goalkeeper Richard Lee. During Lee's time out injured Moore put in some good performances and cemented his place in the Brentford team under Uwe Rosler. He helped Brentford reach the FA Cup fourth round, this included a 2–2 draw with European Champions Chelsea, and finish third in the league missing out on promotion on the final day of the season after a dramatic game with Doncaster Rovers. Brentford entered the play-offs, where they were drawn in the semi-final against Swindon Town. Brentford reached the playoff final defeating Swindon in the semi-finals on penalties (Moore saved Miles Storeys' spotkick in the shootout), but they lost the final to Yeovil Town 2–1.
On 29 July 2013, Moore was signed by Malky Mackay a four-year deal with newly promoted Premier League side Cardiff City. After failing to displace David Marshall, Moore was sent out on loan to Bristol City on 30 January 2014, not long after new manager Ole Gunnar Solskjær took charge of Cardiff. He was sent out on loan to get a regular run of games. Whilst out on loan to Bristol City, Cardiff were relegated from the Premier League.
On 30 January 2014, Moore joined Bristol City on loan for the remainder of the 2013–14 campaign. He made his debut on 1 February in a 2–1 win against Carlisle United, going on to make 11 appearances for the side.
Moore had to wait until the following season, 2014–15, to make his debut for Cardiff City in a 2–1 victory away to Coventry City in the League Cup. He made his league debut for Cardiff City keeping a clean sheet in a 1–0 victory in the Championship at home to Fulham on 10 January 2015. Towards the end of the 2014–15 season, Moore had a regular run of games for Cardiff under manager Russell Slade, including an impressive performance in a 2–1 victory against his old club Brentford.
Moore started the 2015–16, due to the suspension of David Marshall. He gifted Fulham their opening goal in a 1–1 game on the opening day but was praised the following game against Queens Park Rangers, where he put in a man of the match performance.
- As of 11 August 2016.
|Club Performance||League||Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|2013–14||Cardiff City||Premier League||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2013–14||Bristol City (loan)||League One||11||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||11||0|
|Cardiff City Total||17||0||2||0||6||0||0||0||25||0|
- "Player Details: Simon Moore". English National Football Archive.
- Rollin, Glenda; Rollin, Jack, eds. (2012). Sky Sports Football Yearbook 2012–2013 (43rd ed.). London: Headline. p. 438. ISBN 978-0-7553-6356-8.
- Brentford sign goalkeeper Moore BBC Sport, 11 August 2009
- "Simon Moore recalls his football upbringing, Southampton rejection & Brentford resurrection ahead of Chelsea clash". London 24. 16 February 2013.
- Moore made his first team debut for Brading at just 16 years old. Wessex Premier League Archived 10 August 2014 at the Wayback Machine.
- Player Profiles - Simon Moore Brentford FC
- "Brentford 0 - 0 Hartlepool". BBC Sport. 8 May 2010.
- Simon Moore | Basingstoke Town Official Website
- "Brentford 2-2 Chelsea". BBC Sport. 27 January 2013. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- "Brenford 0–1 Doncaster Rovers". BBC Sport. Retrieved 16 November 2013.
- "Brentford goalkeeper Simon Moore seals Cardiff City move". BBC Sport. 29 July 2013. Retrieved 29 July 2013.
- "Bristol City 2-1 Carlisle United". BBC Sport. 1 February 2014. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- "Keeper Moore loaned in". Bristol City FC. 30 January 2014.
- "Cardiff City boss Russell Slade says goalkeeper Simon Moore has grabbed starting chance 'with both hands'". Wales Online. 15 January 2015.
- "Cardiff City goalkeeper Simon Moore says Bluebirds want to take improvement into remaining games". Wales Online. 16 March 2015.
- Phillips, Terry (15 August 2015). "Cardiff City's Simon Moore redeems himself after opening day howler as a handful disappoint against QPR: The full ratings and fans' verdict". Wales Online.
- Phillips, Rob (18 August 2016). "Cardiff City goalkeeper Simon Moore is set for a switch to Sheffield United". BBC Sport. Retrieved 18 August 2016.
- "Simon Moore: Sheffield United sign Cardiff City goalkeeper". BBC Sport. 19 August 2016. Retrieved 19 August 2016.
- Competitor Details - Simon Moore NatWest Island Games XIII Åland 2009