|Born||5 November 1987|
|Height||1.89 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||86 kg (190 lb)|
|Coached by||Ronny Vlassaks, Thomas Prange (Athletic-Coach)|
|Highest ranking||No. 3 (December 2018)|
|Current ranking||No. 7 (January 2020)|
|World Open||SF (2019)|
|Last updated: March 2018.|
Simon Rösner (born 5 November 1987 in Würzburg) is a German former professional squash player. He broke the Top 10 in the PSA World Rankings for the first time in November 2014, going on to become the highest-ranked male German player of all time. Rosner subsequently reached a world ranking of No. 6 matching Germany's Sabine Schone's career-high world ranking of No. 6 in June 2015. Rosner broke into the world Top 5 in June 2018 and Top 3 in December 2018 making him the highest-ever-ranked German player.
In October 2012, Rosner won the Santiago Squash Open against Cameron Pilley in the final.
In 2013, in what was referred to as the battle of the giants, he beat Omar Mosaad in 5 games in the North American Open to reach the quarter-finals of a World Series tournament for the second time. In the same year, he was silver medalist of the World Games in Cali and won the Alwatan and Asnan International, a PSA International 50 tournament, in Kuwait defeating Borja Golán in the final in 3 games.
In January 2018, he became the first German player to win a PSA World Series tournament at the Tournament of Champions, played in Grand Central Station, New York, after he followed up a stunning semi-final upset of World No.1 Grégory Gaultier to take an 11-8, 11-9, 6-11, 11-5 victory over World No.7 Tarek Momen in 71 minutes.
Rosner reached two consecutive finals and three consecutive semi-finals in the US-Open, Qatar Classics and Hong Kong Open, respectively making 2018 the best year on the World Tour. He has been the world No. 5 between June 2018 and November 2018 and No. 3 in December 2018.
- At nine in the world, Simon Rosner is the highest-ranked male German player of all time
- "Squash Info | Sabine Schoene | Squash".
- PSA World Tour Player Profile
- SquashInfo Player Profile
- "Simon Rösner and Nour el Sherbini win thrilling Tournament of Champions finals in New York". 26 January 2018.
- "PSA World Tour Rankings | Professional Squash Association".
- "Simon Rösner, Squash World's No. 5 player, is thrilled to be the first professional squash athlete to gain all the advantages of training daily with interactiveSQUASH at Paderborner Squash Club (Germany)". InteractiveSQUASH. 23 August 2018. Retrieved 24 October 2019.
- "German No.1 Simon Rösner Announces Retirement - Professional Squash Association".
- Simon Rosner – PSA World Tour profile at the Wayback Machine (archived 26 June 2013)
- Simon Rösner at PSA
- Simon Rösner at Squash Info