Sinek, TEDx Maastricht 2011
October 9, 1973 |
|Occupation||Author, motivational speaker|
|Notable works||Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action|
Simon O. Sinek (born October 9, 1973) is a British/American author, motivational speaker and marketing consultant. He is the author of three books including the 2009 best seller Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action (2009).
Early life and education
Sinek was born in Wimbledon, England and as a child lived in Johannesburg, London and Hong Kong before settling in the US. He graduated from Northern Valley Regional High School at Demarest in 1991. He studied law at London's City University and received a BA in cultural anthropology from Brandeis University.
Sinek began his career at the New York ad agencies Euro RSCG and Ogilvy & Mather. He later launched his own business, Sinek Partners. His talk How Great Leaders Inspire Action is listed as the third most popular TED presentation of all time. In October 2009, he published his book Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action. His second book called, Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together and Others Don’t appeared on the best seller lists of the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times. His third book is called Together Is Better: A Little Book of Inspiration.
- Sinek, Simon (2009). Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action. ISBN 978-1591846444.
- Sinek, Simon (2014). Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together and Others Don’t. ISBN 978-1591845324.
- Sinek, Simon (2016). Together Is Better: A Little Book of Inspiration. ISBN 978-1591847854.
- Keith Rogers (Feb 26, 2011). "Air Force helping hone new corps of leaders: Training to help hone new corps of leaders". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved January 14, 2012.
- International Inspirational Speaker and Author Simon Sinek Returns to NVD, Northern Valley Regional High School District. Accessed February 15, 2013
- Maxwell, Chris (Jan 6, 2017). "Simon Sinek: To grow your business, let go". Director. Retrieved Jan 14, 2017.
- TED (2015-01-05). "The 20 most popular TED Talks of all time". ted.com. Retrieved 2015-01-05.
Number 3: Simon Sinek: How great leaders inspire action
- Koji, David (2016-12-08). "An Inspiring Discussion With Simon Sinek About Learning Your 'Why'". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 2017-01-12.
- "Top 25: What corporate America is reading, December 2011". Kansas City Star. 2012-01-12.[dead link]
- Schawbel, Dan (Sep 13, 2016). "Simon Sinek". Forbes. Retrieved Jan 12, 2017.
- "Simon Sinek Biography and articles". Huffington Post.