Sinek, TEDx Maastricht 2011
October 9, 1973 |
|Occupation||Author, motivational speaker|
|Notable works||Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action|
Simon O. Sinek (born October 9, 1973) is a British/American author, motivational speaker and marketing consultant. He is the author of four books including the 2009 best seller Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action (2009).
Sinek was born in Wimbledon in the UK and resided with his family in Hong Kong and Johannesburg as well as London, before moving to the United States.
His talk How Great Leaders Inspire Action is listed as the third most popular TED presentation of all time. In October 2009, he published his book Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action. His second book, called Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together and Others Don’t, appeared on the best seller lists of the Wall Street Journal and The New York Times. His third book is called Together Is Better: A Little Book of Inspiration. His fourth and latest book is titled Find Your Why: A Practical Guide for Discovering Purpose for You and Your Team which was published in September 2017.
- Sinek, Simon (2009). Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action. ISBN 978-1591846444.
- Sinek, Simon (2014). Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together and Others Don’t. ISBN 978-1591845324.
- Sinek, Simon (2016). Together Is Better: A Little Book of Inspiration. ISBN 978-1591847854.
- Sinek, Simon (2017). Find Your Why: A Practical Guide for Discovering Purpose for You and Your Team. ISBN 9781101992982.
- Keith Rogers (Feb 26, 2011). "Air Force helping hone new corps of leaders: Training to help hone new corps of leaders". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved January 14, 2012.
- "Simon Sinek: 10 Things You Didn't Know". Money Inc. 2017-01-12. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- Maxwell, Chris (Jan 6, 2017). "Simon Sinek: To grow your business, let go". Director. Retrieved Jan 14, 2017.
- TED (2015-01-05). "The 20 most popular TED Talks of all time". ted.com. Retrieved 2015-01-05.
Number 3: Simon Sinek: How great leaders inspire action
- Koji, David (2016-12-08). "An Inspiring Discussion With Simon Sinek About Learning Your 'Why'". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 2017-01-12.
- "Top 25: What corporate America is reading, December 2011". Kansas City Star. 2012-01-12.[dead link]
- Schawbel, Dan (Sep 13, 2016). "Simon Sinek". Forbes. Retrieved Jan 12, 2017.
- Penguin Books. "Find Your Way: A Practical Guid for Discovering Purpose for You and Your Team". penguin.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-06-01.