Simon Watson Taylor (politician)
On 30 June 1843 Watson Taylor married Lady Hannah Charlotte Hay (1818–1887), one of the daughters of Field Marshal George Hay, 8th Marquess of Tweeddale (1787–1876), thus becoming a brother-in-law of the Duke of Wellington, the Marquess of Dalhousie, the 9th Marquess of Tweeddale, George Hay, Earl of Gifford, Admiral of the Fleet Lord John Hay, General Sir Richard Taylor, and Sir Robert Peel, 3rd Baronet.
The marriage resulted in at least two daughters, Rose Edith (died 1933) and Violet Emily (died 1937). By each daughter there were grandchildren.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "D" (part 2)[self-published source][better source needed]
- Craig, F. W. S. (1989) . British parliamentary election results 1832–1885 (2nd ed.). Chichester: Parliamentary Research Services. pp. 107–8. ISBN 0-900178-26-4.
- "Victoria County History: Wiltshire: Vol 8 pp234-239 – East Coulston". British History Online. University of London. 1965. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
- Lady Hannah Charlotte Hay at thepeerage.com
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Mr Simon Taylor
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
John Gladstone and
|Member of Parliament for Devizes
With: Christopher Darby Griffith
Christopher Darby Griffith and
|This article about a Liberal Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom representing an English constituency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|