Simon White (footballer)
|Full name||Simon White|
|Date of birth||17 June 1988|
|Original team(s)||Subiaco Football Club|
|Draft||56 (2010 AFL Rookie Draft)|
|Height / weight||190 cm / 88 kg|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2016.
Subiaco Football Club Rising Star 2009
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Originally from the Carine Junior Football Club, White joined the Subiaco Football Club in the WAFL. He made his senior debut there in 2009, playing 19 games, earning the club's Rising Star Award and playing in their Grand Final loss to South Fremantle. White plays as a versatile defender who has been compared to former Subiaco teammate Greg Broughton and former West Coast Eagle Adam Hunter.
White was recruited by the Carlton Football Club with its fourth round selection in the 2010 AFL rookie draft (No. 56 overall). At the age of 21, White was among the more experienced new rookies selected in the draft. He was quickly called up for his AFL debut, in Round 4, 2010 against the Adelaide Crows. In his first four seasons, White played 26 matches for Carlton, with regular injures limiting his availability – he suffered a hip injury in 2010, knee and hamstring injuries in 2011, a medial ligament knee injury in 2012, the return from which was delayed by complications arising from the use of a synthetic ligament to augment the natural ligament (a LARS procedure), and a fractured C3 vertebra from an on-field collision in 2013. A clearer run without injuries saw White play 33 games over the following two years.
- Carlton Football Club 2010 Rookie Draftees
- Carlton Blues Rookie player list
- Carlton player list
- WAFL player profile
- Hagdorn, Kim (12 September 2009) Subiaco defender White on AFL recruiting radars
- Tony De Bolfo (15 April 2010) Blue and White? . . . s’alright for first-gamer Simon
- Australian Football League, Injury update, Round 18, 27 July 2010, Retrieved 3 April 2011.
- "AFL preview round 11 Port Adelaide v Carlton". The Age. 2 Jun 2011. Retrieved 18 Sep 2011.
- Phelan, Jason (11 June 2012). "White's wait continues". Carlton Football Club. Retrieved 12 June 2012.
- "White out for season". Carlton Football Club. 24 July 2013. Retrieved 25 July 2013.