Simonds of Botesdale
Van Hool T915 in May 2011
|Service type||Bus & coach services|
|Destinations||Norwich, Diss, Long Stratton & Bury St Edmunds|
|Fleet||52 (October 2013)|
|Chief executive||Martyn Simonds|
Simonds of Botesdale is a bus and coach operator based in Diss.They currently operate nine bus services in the Diss, Norwich, Long Stratton and Bury St Edmunds areas of East Anglia as well as coach charter services and school buses using a fleet of 52 buses and coaches. under the branding of Simonds CountryLink. In 2012, they won a London 2012 Olympics contract to operate four coaches during a three-week period.
The company's flagship route is the service 1, which operates between Norwich and Diss, calling at Burston, Long Stratton, Tasburgh, Flordon, Newton Flotman and travels into the city via Ipswich Road and Norwich City College. This competes head to head with First's 35 route, which travels only as far as Long Stratton.
- http://www.whtimes.co.uk/sport/olympics_2_405/diss_bus_firm_secures_olympic_contract_1_1112126 Welwyn Hatfield Times
- Companies House extract company no 2299468 Simonds of Botesdale Limited
- "inorfolk.co.uk". Retrieved 22 May 2012.
- "Home". Simonds.co.uk. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- Local Bus Service Simonds of Botesdale
- Simonds fleet list Norwich Bus Page 1 October 2013
- http://www.simonds.co.uk/local-bus-services Local Bus Services
- http://www.royston-crow.co.uk/news/business_2_1572/diss_bus_drivers_head_to_london_to_fulfil_olympic_contract_1_1450773 London 2012 Contract
- "Simonds timetables". Retrieved 15 October 2015.
- "First 35 timetable". Retrieved 15 October 2015.
Media related to Simonds of Botesdale at Wikimedia Commons