|Birth name||Simone Marie Butler|
|Born||1978 (age 38–39)|
|Associated acts||Primal Scream|
Simone grew up in a musical environment, with her father having previously been a member of 60s band The Honeycombs. Trained in a classical background, she played her first concerts at the age of 12 in school orchestras where she was first violinist. After studying art and leaving school, she started playing in local bands, meeting fellow musicians such as Barrie Cadogan and Primal Scream guitarist Andrew Innes. She was the first female manager to run a guitar shop in London's Denmark street, Bass Cellar. Before rejoining Bobby Gillespie and the other musicians of Primal Scream, she played bass for several rock and roll and electronica bands. She also worked as both radio and live DJ, which included playing gigs to provide atmospheric soundscapes to spoken word poetry. Also a keen photographer, she has had work used in Brian Eno's project Lux - Day Of Light, and plans her own exhibits in the future. She currently hosts her own afternoon radio show on Soho Radio every Wednesday and started with the show since its conception. She has recently recorded with James Williamson of Detroit legends The Stooges for the latest record "Re-licked" with Allison Mosshart, Mark Lanegan and many more. She has been the support DJ for bands such as The Jesus and Mary Chain, Allah-Las, The Vacant Lots, The Black Ryder and Nick Cave as well as future shows with The Strokes and New York legends Suicide, and DJ sets at Glastonbury Festival (residency) and Secret Garden Party and other European festivals and clubs and has a yearly residency at Razzmatazz in Barcelona. She previously co-curated the psychedelic stage as part of Secret Garden Party .  As well as playing with Primal Scream, Simone also played shows with orchestral electronic pop band Cat's Eyes the summer of 2015.
Simone is endorsed by the clothing label Religion, British fashion label Pretty Green -founded by Liam Gallagher, musical instrument manufacturer Fender, designer label Yves Saint Laurent, Japanese bespoke clothing label Ashes to Ashes, Alternative Japanese clothing label 666, Iconic Fashion label Hysteric Glamour, Adidas, musical accessory brand Couch straps and effects pedal manufacturers Jim Dunlop and Earthquaker Devices.
Simone has several favourite bass players, such as Simon Gallup, J.JBurnel, Jah Wobble and Charles Mingus. She mentions MC5, The Stooges, Sonic's Rendezvous Band, and Suicide as some of her favourite bands, and is also heavily influenced by Motown and soul and psychedelia.
- "Music – Primal Scream". BBC. Retrieved 2014-01-03.
- "Biography of Rod Butler, lead guitarist of The Honeycombs.".
- "BFW - The Space - Simone Marie Butler & Jany Temime".
- JL (17 November 2013). "Exclusive Interview with the 'Mystery Bassist' from Primal Scream !". 50thirdand3rd. Retrieved 2014-01-03.
- "Soho Radio London".
- "Exclusive Interview with Simone Butler of Primal Scream". 16 September 2015.
- "top 10 bass players by Primal Scream's new bassist Simone Butler". Louder Than War. 9 March 2013. Retrieved 2014-01-03.
- "Possum Records - James Stevenson".
- sybfromthemoon (5 April 2016). "The VPME PRIMAL SCREAM – Live – Albert Hall, Manchester Review".
- "DNA BLN #5 Discover New Artists @ Musik & Frieden - BERLIN LOVES YOU". 26 November 2015.
- "Doc’n Roll Festival- Film & Music curated by Colm Forde with films, gigs and Q&A- from 25th to 28th of September - Nana Punk TV". 22 September 2014.
- "The World's Best Photos of butler and simone - Flickr Hive Mind".
- "Bowie: A life well lived… - Becky Beach". 29 February 2016.
- "Record Store Day 2016 - #RSD16 - Berwick Street Calling - estate agents in covent garden". 14 April 2016.
- "How James Williamson Revitalised The Stooges Without Iggy Pop".
- "Instagram photo by Fender • Aug 12, 2015 at 3:11pm UTC".