This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kermes has performed at many important theatres and concert halls internationally, including the Brooklyn Academy of Music in New York, the Théâtre des Champs-Élysées in Paris, the Staatsoper Stuttgart, the Bonn Opera, the Festspielhaus Baden-Baden. She has appeared at festivals such as Schwetzingen Festival, Schleswig-Holstein Musik Festival, Rheingau Musik Festival, Festa de musica Lisbona, Ruhrtriennale arts festival, Triennale di Colonia, Dresden MDR, Prague Autumn, Bachfest Leipzig, Bachfest Bonn, and Resonanzen Vienna. She has also performed with notable orchestras, including Gewandhaus Orchestra, Symphonic Orchestra of Prague, Venice Baroque Orchestra, Classical Orchestra of Madrid, Staatskapelle Dresden, Orchestra of the Comunale of Bologna, Orchestra regionale Toscana, Complesso Barocco, and Orchestra of the Fiandre.
On the opera stage she has portrayed numerous Handel heroines, including Adelaide in Lotario, Asteria in Tamerlano, Merab in Saul, and the title roles in Alcina, Deidamia, and Rodelinda. She appeared in Mozart operas, as Konstanze in Die Entführung aus dem Serail, Fiordiligi in Così fan tutte and Donna Anna in Don Giovanni. Her roles have included Laodice in Scarlatti's Mitridate Eupatore, Rosalinde in Die Fledermaus by Johann Strauss, and the title role in Peri's Euridice. In 2000 she performed the role of Cinzia in the first modern revival of Giovanni Legrenzi's La divisione del mondo at the Schwetzingen Festival. In 2014 she sang the role of La Folie in Rameau's Platée at the Theater an der Wien and at the Lincoln Center in New York.
- 1993: 1st prize of the Felix-Mendelsohn-Bartholdy-Wettbewerb Berlin
- 1996: 3rd prize at the Internationaler Johann-Sebastian-Bach-Wettbewerb Leipzig
- 2003: Prize of the Deutsche Schallplattenkritik
- 2011: Echo Klassik – Singer of the Year
- "Kermes, Simone". Kürschners Musiker-Handbuch. Walter de Gruyter. 2010. p. 229. ISBN 9783110950168.
- Review: La divisione del mondo. Early Music Review. 2000. p. 10-11.
- "Theater an der Wien: Eine Nymphe mit Trampelcharme", Walter Weidringer, Die Presse, 18 February 2014 (in German)
- "Les Arts Florissants serves up an exuberant Platée, Judith Malafronte, New York Classical Review, 3 April 2014
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Simone Kermes.|
- Literature by and about Simone Kermes in the German National Library catalogue
- Official website
- Manuel Brug: "Die verrückte Königin der Barockmusik", Die Welt, 6 October 2012 (in German)
- "Archiv: Die unkonventionelle Sopranistin Simone Kermes", villamusica.de (in German)
- Stefan Schickhaus: "Rheingau Musik Festival – Eine Frau singt rot", Frankfurter Rundschau, 17 August 2009 (in German)