|Member of the Western Australian Legislative Assembly
9 March 2013
|Preceded by||Adele Carles|
5 December 1963 |
Perth, Western Australia
|Political party||Australian Labor Party|
Simone Frances McGurk (born 5 December 1963) is an Australian politician. She is the member of the Western Australian Legislative Assembly for the seat of Fremantle, and Shadow Minister for Community Services, Children's Interests and Women's Interests.
Prior to entering Parliament, McGurk was Secretary of UnionsWA, Western Australia's peak trade union body, having previously served as an official of the Australian Manufacturing Workers Union and United Voice. She also served as a member of the Western Australian State Training Board, and on the board of the Industry superannuation fund, AustralianSuper. McGurk has also worked as a producer for the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, and in native title for the Yamatji Land and Sea Council.
- "Simone Frances McGurk MLA". Parliament of Western Australia. Retrieved 27 March 2013.
- "WA Labor unveils reshuffled shadow Cabinet". Archived from the original on 9 July 2015.
- "Independents Out". Fremantle Herald. 15 March 2013. Retrieved 16 November 2015.
- "New trustee board member for AustralianSuper". 29 March 2011. Retrieved 16 November 2015.
- "WA Labor ministry portfolios". 16 March 2017 news.com.au. Retrieved 16 March 2017. Check date values in:
- "Mark McGowan sworn in as WA's 30th Premier". abc.net.au. 17 March 2017. Retrieved 17 March 2017.
|Western Australian Legislative Assembly|
|Member for Fremantle