|Full name||Simone Scuffet|
|Date of birth||31 May 1996|
|Place of birth||Udine, Italy|
|Height||1.93 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|2015–2016||→ Como (loan)||35||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11:47, 7 January 2018 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 14 November 2017
An Udinese youth product, Scuffet made his first team debut on 1 February 2014 at the age of 17 in a Serie A match against Bologna, as a replacement for injured Željko Brkić. After a string of impressive performances, he was subsequently promoted as first choice keeper, relegating Brkić on the bench.
On 9 June 2014, following a successful debut season, Scuffet signed a new five-year deal with the club. He failed to get the same level of game time during the 2014–15 season with Orestis Karnezis preferred as the first-choice goalkeeper at Udinese. On 8 December 2014, he Scuffet was named at the #1 spot in the goalkeepers category as part of Outside of the Boot's 100 Best Young Players to Watch in 2015 feature. On 16 December 2014, he was named at the #1 spot as FutbolSapiens's 10 Best Young Goalkeepers of the Year feature.
He made his first appearance for the Italy U-21 team on 12 August 2015, in a friendly match against Hungary. In June 2017, he was included in the Italy under-21 squad for the 2017 UEFA European Under-21 Championship by manager Luigi Di Biagio.
Style of play
Scuffet's reflexes, confidence, consistency, composure, and precocious performances have earned him comparisons with Italy national football team goalkeeper and 2006 World Cup winner Gianluigi Buffon, who also made his Serie A debut as a teenager. Already regarded as one of the most promising young players of his generation, in 2014 Don Balón listed him as one of the top 100 young players in the world.
- As of 7 January 2018
|Calcio Como (loan)||2015–16||Serie B||35||0||0||0||—||35||0|
- "Scheda anagrafica di Simone Scuffet" [Biographical profile of Simone Scuffet] (in Italian). AIC.Football.it. Retrieved 22 April 2014.
- "Bologna 0-2 Udinese". ESPN. 1 February 2014. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- "Udinese: Scuffet rinnova fino al 2019". ANSA.it. 9 June 2014. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- "100 Best Young Players to Watch in 2015 (Goalkeepers 5-1)". outsideoftheboot.com. 8 December 2014. Retrieved 8 December 2014.
- "Los 10 mejores arqueros jóvenes del año" (in Spanish). 16 December 2014. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
- "Test a Coverciano: prima chiamata per Romulo e Berardi, torna Cassano" (in Italian). FIGC. 11 April 2014. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "U21: Italy squad for Euros named". Football Italia. 6 June 2017. Retrieved 16 June 2017.
- Mirko Graziano (29 March 2014). "Buffon su Scuffet: "Sereno e sicuro, ha esordito come me: un gran portiere"" [Buffon on Scuffet: "Calm and well-tempered, he made his debut like me: a great keeper"] (in Italian). La Gazzetta dello Sport. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- Claudio D'Amato (28 March 2014). "Profilo: Simone Scuffet" [Profile: Simone Scuffet] (in Italian). Goal.com. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- Luca Bianchin; Giulio Di Feo. "Teen generation: i migliori Under 20 del mondo" [Teen generation: the best Under 20 players in the world] (in Italian). La Gazzetta dello Sport. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- "La Top 101 dei giovani più promettenti di 'Don Balon': quanti italiani!" [The Top 101 most promising young players of 'Don Balon': look how many Italians!] (in Italian). Calcio Mercato News. 19 November 2014. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- Simone Scuffet at Soccerway